“Great Location! Super Value!”

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
Ranked #32 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I've stayed at the Red Roof Inn, OSU location, many times in the past and returned again this week. The price can't be beat for the location. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The hotel is minutes from OSU. There are probably a hundred restaurants within a 10 minute drive. Shopping is close by. A grocery store is within a 1/4 mile. McDs, Applebees's and best of all Raisin Cane's is just beyond the parking lot. When you just need a place to sleep at night, after a full day at OSU or sightseeing or shopping, this place is perfect. This is not a four star hotel and does not pretend to be. Clean, convenient and priced right.

Room Tip: First floor can be noisy during football season.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Caitlin Foster and Mike Rutherford treated our party just like we were family. They filled our every request, met all our needs, and made our state boys basketball championship week-end a wonderful experience. We will stay here again next year and many years to follow. Dana Riley also helped to make our stay a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Any room at this facility is excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This is a horrible place. The worst front desk I have ever seen. I gave them a credit card at check in and ordered a movie. At 7:30 AM I got woken up by someone telling me that I needed to come to the front desk and settle up my bill. I couldn't believe it. They then called me two more times before check out to make sure i would pay for the movie. I have never seen a more unprofessional staff. The next day, no apology. She seemed aggravated that I even found it strange that they were calling guests early in the morning. Stay elsewhere

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank nyckk
RedRoof009, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

First let me apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced at the Columbus OSU location. I also want to thank you for taking the time to let me know about the experience that you had. It is not standard policy for us and your feedback will help me to better train my staff. Without my customers I can’t make the necessary changes needed to become better at providing excellent customer service. I hope you will allow us another chance to exceed your expectiations. If there is anything I can do to help please feel free to ask for me if you call the property.

Stephanie Jones

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We are a travel nurse pair working nights and were getting nowhere with late check-out and early check-in with any of the area hotels. It's difficult working night shift and trying to find a hotel willing to help you. Since we are only in town for 3 days and on nights, it is a lot to ask to be able to stay in your room for extra hours after their already allowed late check-out. We came upon the Red Roof Inn and told them what we were hoping for. To our surprise, Stephanie, the manager told us she would love to help!! In return, we are going to be giving Red Roof Inn our business for the next 13 weeks! Thanks Stephanie!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
RedRoof009, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

It was my pleasure to be able to help you out with your unique situation. Thanks for your business and for taking the time to provide some feedback. If you need anything at all during your next 13 weeks with us just let us know.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed one night in Columbus for the Drake concert at Schottenstein Center. Location was perfect for what I needed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean but a little run down. The room also had an overwhelming cigarette smell. If I came back to Columbus for I would consider staying again if the price is right.

• Stayed: February 2012
RedRoof009, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thank for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I'm glad to hear that you consider staying with us again. I do apologize for the cigarette odor in your room. We are actually trying out a new odor eliminator to resolve that issue.
Stephanie

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Good: location near OSU and Riverside Hospital. near Kroger and several restaurants - e.g. Applebees and McDonalds. Good price. No fitness room or business center but they let you use their computer to print boarding pass. pleasant front desk. Can't hear noise from adjoining rooms. Shower pressure decent.
Not so good: room needs updating. Very basic extras - shampoo but no conditioner. kleenex - a little plastic package. Sheets threadbare. Towels are horrible - rough as loofah! They should throw all of them out and buy new! No breakfast bar. Saturday night is noisy - college students yelling outside til 1am.
You may know that Columbus and Ohio have notorious bed bug problem, including hotels in this area. Red Roof Inn has no reports of bed bugs and I saw no evidence of any - good peace of mind!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Laraby

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay at the Columbus OSU property was. I appreciate you noting the positive experiences you had as well as the not so goods so that I can make the necessary improvements on my property to improve future stays.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed here after attending a concert at the Schottenstein Arena. It was the perfect location! It's not fancy, but it has everything you need.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Columbus OSU property. Thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to see you again.