“Hidden Gem on the Hill”
Review of Kingfish

Kingfish
Reserve with OpenTable
Kingfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Copley
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

We visited Kingfish last night for the first time because of a recommendation by a friend. Kingfish was a delightful surprise with many interesting choices of seafood on the menu. The waitress was very prompt in taking our drink order and brought them out in a timely manor. My husband had a Vieux Carre made with a Colorado barrel aged whiskey that was smoky with just a hint of sweetness. The wines by the glass were well chosen and paired well with our dinner. We started with lobster bisque and oysters Rockefeller and enjoyed both very much. The entree choices made for a difficult decision. The lobster crusted cod with a light pepper cream and fingerlings were my husband’s pick and mine was the seared tuna with a shitake bok choy stir fry with slightly spice Thai chili sauce. After exchanging bites several times we decided both preparations where very nice. The portions were generous and dessert would have been too much. After hearing it was our first visit, the manager came to our table to thank us for coming and explain the restaurant group that Kingfish is a part of. A very pleasant experience from start to finish.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Really good, expensive. Waiter Timothy was excellent. Will return. Shrimp cocktail was very enjoyable and presented well. The platter was delicious and one of the specials with walleye was delicious as well. The berry salad was good, but the Caesar was tastier. No room for dessert, maybe next time.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

Extremely disappointed. We arrived on a Tuesday night at 8:30 and the restaurant was dark and nearly empty except for customers at the bar. We asked for a table since we wanted a quiet dinner. We were then turned away because my husband was wearing jeans. Jeans were clean. My husband is semi-retired and a professional and enjoys wearing jeans for comfort. (I was wearing black slacks, nice top, and sneakers.) We left. My husband says the place is pretentious. Bad judgment on restaurant's part. Place is expensive. Why turn away customers? I don't think LeBron James or Akron Beacon columnist Bob Dyer, who lives in Copley, would have been turned away for wearing jeans.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

My husband and I tried Kingfish once and that was more than enough! The food was OK but, considering the price and miniscule portion sizes, one would expect an inventive culinary experience. The service was inconsistent--we waited and waited for drinks and appetizers but our main course was delivered less than five minutes later. Worst of all was the snooty attitude of the staff, especially the hostesses I guess that they thought our money was not green enough

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

Service was spotty, getting drinks timely and at the end paying the bill, but we were a large party. Drinks were great when they arrived, wine selection was excellent!
Shrimp and grits were excellent as was the seafood tower and oysters on the half,
Had the halibut and crab legs, very good.
We would definitely go back in future.

Been to Kingfish? Share your experiences!