“PERFECTION!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coshocton
Roscoe Hillside Cabins
Reviewed 22 September 2014

Thank you so very much for such a wonderful experience at your cabins! We could have not asked for more and certainly didn't expect such a lFANTASTIC place in the OHIO outbacks. We will be returning again and bring all our friends and family back with us! To beautiful of a place not to want to share the JOY!

Room Tip: any and all rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Obtaining the cabin was easy, I was able to get quick response from Charlene for the reservations however she promised that she would be sending my confirmation via email 3 days after my reservations. I reserved my cabin 17 days before my arrival date. I received no emails, I had to call the week before I arrive and was again promised the email would be sent. It took me three tries via text to finally get the email confirmation. I was getting frustrated as it was too late too find another place AND I know if I had cancelled before 14 days that I would be charged a fee. This wasn't very fair as I had to wait so long to get the email which had valuable information that I did not know.

The cabin was cozy we liked it immediately! The bed was super comfy and the king size fit us nicely. We also didn't mind the walk to
roscoe village. There were only us and one other guest in the cabin across from us so it was quiet.

Our first night we had to sweep the floors as it had leaves, twigs and some dirt (we have a little one who liked to crawl). We ended up
Just putting our own big blankets down for him otherwise we would had had to sweep the whole cabin and for 155 a night it would have been nice for that to have been done.

The items for use in the kitchen we had to wash again as there were grease and food stains! On the policy it asks that items used be washed or a cleaning fee would be charged...I take it no one doubled checked. So we washed what we only used. Again disappointed as it was gross. Next the shower curtain in the bathroom was mildewy and smelled!! The caretaker responded right away and corrected the issue. I was surprised that this was missed as I had texted Charlene if we could come one day early and she responded right away that we could after she made sure the cleaning crew was done. But I obviously that was not checked so we didn't take a shower/bath until late the next day.

The grill was dirty and had not been cleaned. The bottom tray was so rusty it fell out!!! The caretaker replaced it with another tray from another grill. Needless to say we still did not use it since it was so gross.

Overall we relaxed and enjoy our stay except for the few things above, we had expected better since the policy was so strict. The response from the caretaker was immediate but from the owner in regards to sending me confirmation or what my new invoice/bill would be has been SLOW. Unless if I were booking a cabin then I get immediate response! So this aspect has been disappointing too.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank ClothFlower
hillsidecabins, Owner at Roscoe Hillside Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2014

Thank you so much your feedback. I am sorry for the slow response for your Confirmation. We just updated to a new website and new booking system. This had caused delayed confirmations and frustrations on both ends! Most of the time the Confirmations ended up in our Guests junk mail and/or spam! Fortunately - none of the information is needed until the day prior or day of arrival (we have even texted to our guests)! We believe this issue has been resolved.
I am so sorry for the state that the cabin was in. Had I known I certainly would have upgraded you to a different cabin!! Yes...we were slightly surprised by your call that you were on your way down a day early but the cleaning crew confirmed that they were cleaning it when I called. We pride ourselves on our clean our cabins are and I am sorry that we felt short.
Please call us when you are able to stay with us again and we would be happy to give you a nights stay for free and a comfortable, clean cabin as well.
Best Regards,
Charlene

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were desperate since the only hotel in town was full, which rarely happens in Coshocton. That receptionist referred us to the Hillside Cabins. Although our reservations for our small cabin ran into a glitch, we ended up with the largest cabin for the same price. There is no 'office' to speak of, but the caretaker was around when we arrived and was informative. There is a laundry room on site which is nice. The cabin was very large, decorated with real bison head and all kinds of hunter-abilia. The kitchen was great and stocked with coffee, cream, sugar and condiments. My only critiques are that it would be hard to take a walk anywhere such as nearby Historic Roscoe, due to a very steep gravel drive, and no walking paths, and it was even hard to drive on part of it due to ruts and potholes. The TV was ancient and so high up in the corner it was hard to see, however I would not put a fancy tv in such an out of the way place. Also, no closets, or any drawers!! only pegs, and not a single hanger. Im not sure where 8 people would put their belongings. I'd rather not hang some of my items on a peg. Will borrow hangers from relatives next time we visit.

Room Tip: We only saw the larger cabin, 3rd bedroom was a loft with a ladder-not good for everyone. Also, brin...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank happygoingplaces
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We had stayed with Roscoe Hillside Cabins several times before, in their "Buffalo" cabin (see earlier review) and that was very nice. Needed more space with an extra couple, and there was a new cabin we took, Green Briar Ridge, which is located a bit outside of town, close to Raven's Glen's Winery. I've stayed a lot of places, but this cabin at GBR is the nicest. On several acres, with a private pond, the grounds are beautiful, and the cabin (2 bedrooms and a huge loft) is really spectacular. Not inexpensive, but worth it. Beautiful log cabin, perfectly furnished. As one of us said on entering and looking around "If I owned this, I wouldn't be renting it out, I'd live here!".

Room Tip: Could have used a muffin pan. Can't think of anything else that wasn't provided :-)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank thomascorrigan
Reviewed 6 November 2012

These log cabins are NOT rustic - just a rustic, beautiful setting! The cabins are almost like home! They are located on a wooded hillside and within walking distance to Roscoe Village. I stayed for 3 nights but could have stayed for weeks. Will return!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2012

What a wonderful cabin in the woods. This is a most unique setting that obviously took a great deal of thought and creativity to put together. The cabins sit on beautiful wooded hilltop setting, up on the edge of Roscoe Village. A marvelous variety of things to do within short walking and driving distances, all with wonderful scenic views along the way. Now to Roscoe Hills Cabins themselves. All the photos and information that Charlene has put together are totally accurate, and even so much more when seen in person. My dog and I, yea, pet friendly indeed, checked in on Sunday afternoon at Bear Cabin, leaving the following Friday. It was the most relaxing, peaceful, entertaining week I truly have had in a long time. Cabins are immaculately clean, well maintained, and wonderfully furnished and decorated. I will be returning whenever time permits!

Room Tip: The cabin descriptions on the web sight are most accurate. Choose the one that will suit your needs...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Greg_Jade
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I can't rate this cabin highly enough and it definitely deserves 5 stars. We had just the best time and we were so impressed with the high standard of everything. So spacious and the most idyllic setting. Gorgeous furnishings, beds, bedding, crockery and every need catered for. We were over on a visit from Scotland and our son had organised the trip as a special birthday treat for Grandma to spend quality time with the family. It ticked all the boxes and would love to do it all again sometime.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family