“They make it feel like home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Dublin
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

I travel extensively for work and I am in hotels about 20 days a month. This hotel goes above and beyond to ensure the comfort and recognition of its guest. No matter whether it's the cleaning lady the front staff the kitchen staff or the manager. They take time to know your name and make it feel like home while you're here. Very clean comfortable spacious suites with everything that you need to make it your home away from home. This is the best stay that I have had in my four years of traveling for work. Anyone that comes to Columbus needs to stay here

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Bo B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Dear Debbie,

Thank you so much for your kind words! Each member of our staff works hard to create a special guest experience. I am so happy to hear that we made you feel at home! We hope you come back to visit us again soon! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Hotel is well cared for and tidy. Older, but in excellent condition. Staff is beyond belief in their efforts to serve and make one comfortable. I was disappointed when a smell of cigarettes began to permeate my room. I called the desk --- they apologized with a sense of urgency and promised to call back. Within ten minutes I was called to be thanked for my report as the offending smokers had been contacted and reminded of the hotel's 100% non-smoking policy. I was told I was a crucial part of the team. Very few teams make such an effort to include guests and I never felt like i was complaining. THANKS!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear H37VXthomasf,

Thank you so much for your nice review! Although our property is a but older, we all work hard to ensure that it is clean and comfortable for our guests. I am so pleased to hear that you were happy with the services from both front desk and housekeeping. You are indeed a very important part of our Homewood Suites team, and for that we thank you! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

We booked the Homewood Suites in Dublin Ohio for our stay. My husband and I had stayed at this hotel the year before. Sadly the hotel wasn't up to last years standards. As a Diamond member and one using our points for this stay we found the value lacking. The rugs throughout the property were covered in crumbs, the walls and elevators were horribly scraped. We were given room 208 a 1 bedroom suite. The room offered the amenities we needed for a 1 night stay however the room wasn't perfect either. The bedding for the pull out couch was riddled with holes, the curtains were stained, and the desk chair looked dirty.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear BVI17,

I am so sorry to hear that you both came back for a second stay at our property and didn't enjoy yourselves. We all work as a team to try and provide a pleasurable experience and I apologize that we failed you in this aspect. We will work on addressing the issues you have mentioned and we thank you for your honest review.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

This hotel was wonderful. Everyone friendly. Check in was a breeze. Restraunts close by try the macaroni Grill had great food . The hotels had a nice pool and hot tub. Room was very clean had a suite. Pet friendly to. Good breakfast .

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We found our stay here recently to be excellent. Our family of 7 were all very comfortable in the suites; our son his wife and their 2 children in a 2 bedroom had plenty or room and were very comfortable. The 3 of us were in a 1 bedroom with a queen bed and pull-out couch and were also comfortable. We enjoyed the pool, the hot breakfast and the free internet, free parking and being pet friendly made this a perfect stay for us. The staff were particularly friendly and helpful. It was very clean and quiet. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

The desk clerk was kind and friendly. She called me after I got to my room to make sure all was well. It was Thurs, so there was a 'Manager's Reception' from 5:30-7:30 pm. The General Manager, Bo, made it, and it was nice: Asian Terriyaki Chicken, Soup, Fresh Rice, Salad w/all the fixin's, and cans of Cola.

Room was nice, but a little out-dated. Tub with curtain, old fridge, wood on bath cabinets marked up. No ceiling fan.

Housekeeping was just meh. She left me a note to let me know she put things in dishwasher and ran it. That's all she did. She didn't replace my coffee or touch the bed.

Nice private, quiet location.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 December 2016

This hotel doesn't meet Hilton standards. Lobby had fall leaves everywhere. Lobby and hallways had carpet stains and were not vacuumed for days. Hallways smelled badly. Staff nowhere to be found. We had to call 3 times from the lobby phone for check-ins and other needs. First room smelled really bad, found hairs in Bathtub, Bath Sink and bath floor. Carpet had stains. I am not sure, how could shower curtain could escape anyone's attention. It was torn in more than one dozen places. We asked for more bed sheets and were given. We switched our rooms. We found blood stain in the new room Linen. Went downstairs again to get more bed sheets. We had read couple of bad reviews before booking the room. We still booked the room, thinking, those maybe isolated incidents. These and mine are not isolated incidents. This hotel needs serious attention.

1  Thank Dev P