When I first entered the hotel, I noticed the TripAdvisor "Recommended" sticker, pasted on the front door! And I must say that this is one of the best properties in Elyria.
I've stayed in this hotel before, and I was pleasantly surprised at all the nice upgrades that were added. The Fitness Room has a small Flat-Screen TV, and some nice, new exercise equipment. The Lobby has a new computer, for guests to use, with a new monitor mounted on the wall. And the hotel has a beautiful new glass elevator.
Overall, the Lobby decor is very colorful, modern, and quite stunning. I also liked the room upgrades--new shower/bath tub, new blue carpet, new work station, and new blue desk lamp. The closet is small, however, I liked the new luggage nook/seat at the bottom of it.
They should have upgraded the TV, the cable system, the Comforters, and linens. The TV is a bit outdated, but the picture was clear. And there were not a lot of Cable Channels to surf through. Also, the Comforters and linens are old.
After being in our room, for over an hour, we noticed that the heat was not working properly. So we called the Front Desk. Someone came to check out the Heater/AC, and told us to switch rooms (to the one next door). Needless to say, that was very inconvient. Our new room was nice, except for the unsturdy toilet seat.
I enjoyed my stay, for the most part, but I was very disappointed with the Breakfast Buffet. There were no waffles or yogurt. The coffee and the orange juice were watery, and horrible. We had to wait a long time for the Hostess to bring out hot water for tea. And there were no "standard" hot food breakfast items on the buffet--such as oatmeal, meat, and scrambled eggs.
The Breakfast was served near the Swimming Pool area, and the buffet only contained hard boiled eggs, orange juice, milk, cheap donuts, bagels, apples, oranges, coffee, corn flakes, and sugar coated cereal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located in Northern Ohio between Ohio Turnpike I-80 and Ohio I-90. We are located between Geauga Lake and Cedar Point Amuzement Park. We are 25 minutes from downtown Cleveland which is home to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Quicken Loans Arena (home to the Cleveland Cavaliers), Progressive Field (home to the Cleveland Indians). Cleveland is also home to the Horseshoe Casino and the Cleveland Aquarium. We are also only 15 minutes from Oberlin College. While at our exit there are many sit-down style restaurants, shopping mall and movie theater. Hotel offers: indoor swimming pool, fitness room and continental breakfast. Hotel also has WiFi, 24-hr coffee station and a computer for guests use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria Hotel Elyria
- Red Roof Inn And Suites Cleveland - Elyria
- Red Roof Inn Elyria
- Elyria Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Cleveland - Elyria Ohio