“Typical One Stop Asian shop”
Review of J Y Bamboo

J Y Bamboo
Ranked #24 of 92 Restaurants in Fairborn
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed September 30, 2015

Stopped by for lunch and ordered the teriyaki shrimp special. 6 small shrimp came out on a heap of onion with 3 small pieces of Cali roll, miso, and a side of bland white rice. Nothing special here but it wasn't horrible either.

Reviewed July 18, 2015

I stayed in Quality Inn right in front of J Y Bamboo restaurant and thought I should try it. I ate there on a weekday and I was the only one customer. I ordered spicy red curry which turned really good. I really like the pineapple and mushrooms in the curry. Before even I left cooks and the waiting staff started eating as well. I do not mind this but it was little weird and unprofessional.

Reviewed April 21, 2015 via mobile

This place has great sushi and Thai basil fried rice. It's my favorite Asian restaurant in the area. The staff has always been friendly to me and my family.

Reviewed April 17, 2015

Varieties of asian food. Restaurant was clean and comfortable. I would eat there again if I was looking for that type of menu.

Reviewed January 23, 2015

We decided to try JY Bamboo after our favorite sushi place had begun a sharp decline in quality. After just one visit to JY Bamboo, my former favorite has been dethroned!

Chances are if you drive through downtown Fairborn you've passed by JY Bamboo without even knowing it as the building is fairly nondescript. The dining room is small but cozy and the staff is friendly.

I went with a party of four and three of us ordered sushi rolls. These were prepared by a sushi chef in full view of the dining room. A selection of specialty rolls were on sale for $7.95 (marked down from as high as $12.95) and I ordered a Dynamite Roll and a Treasure Island Roll. Both tasted fresh and delicious! All of the rolls looked appealing and were displayed beautifully on the plates.

The only reason I withhold a five-star rating is that the fourth member of our party had to wait an extremely long time for his Szechuan chicken despite there only being four small groups in the restaurant. The rest of us had already finished our sushi rolls when we reminded the server about the missing meal. The meal came out immediately and was piping hot, so I'm not quite sure what happened there.

I look forward to enjoying more sushi at JY Bamboo soon!