“Consistently great food!”

Taqueria Mercado Incorporated
Ranked #4 of 108 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

I have been to Taqueria Mercado four times over the past two years when I have visited Fairfield, Ohio and I have always been happy with my meal. The food is authentic and rivals offerings from any restaurant in Chicago, IL. It is one of my favorite culinary destinations. My wife and I were discussing getting a meal here during our trip in Cabo San Lucas, MX this month. From the various salsas, to the fresh tortilla chips, to the fajitas...you will be very satisfied with your meal. Absolutely fantastic!

Reviewed September 29, 2017

Came in for lunch two times this week. I will be in several more times until I have tried the entire menu...then I will start over. Authentic and wonderful...and plenty of it...for very little money. You will not leave hungry. My only negative is that the service could be a little friendlier.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

We tried this restaurant based on the reviews. We were there at 4 pm on a Monday. It was not busy at all. After ordering our drink, I had to ask for chips and salsa. Chips were available for $2.00. The salsa was good. The chips were average. They were not warm and fresh. The draft beer was good. My friend had a margarita on the rocks. It looks like it came from a pre-made bottle. It was not the best. My friend said her burrito with chicken was great. I had the taco and quesadilla. It was good. The restaurant looked and smelled clean when we walked in. The bathroom could have used a good cleaning.

Reviewed April 1, 2017

I used to work near Taqueria Mercado some years ago and it was at least a weekly stop for lunch. Recently, I found myself in the area around lunchtime and stopped to pick up some carryout. I ordered the Carne Asada Burrito Lunch Special and it was exactly how I remembered. The ingredients are very fresh is fantastic without being too overwhelming or "busy." Some place just have too many ingredients in their burritos. Here, they keep it simple. The Lunch Special comes with sides of refried beans and rice and you can get their house made sauces. I kind of wish I was in the area more often.

Reviewed March 14, 2017

Very authentic, it is one of those little gems you find hidden in an old strip mall. Only to find yourself wondering where it has been all your life!! Try the carnitas! The only thing that lacks here is the service, it is hit or miss.