All reviewsaman lodge stationdasturi nakacar parkingtoy trainmarket areawait minsparking areahorse ridemaharashtrian foodmaintained resortwatch tvticket counterplace to stayrailway trackdeluxe roomstourist pointsreception area
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately, it was rainy season in which i had visited.I had booked mtdc for 2 days but due to poor facilities,I had to leave within 1 day of my visit.Mtdc location is quite good just near parking. Though location is good but it is far from market so u would have to hire horses or pull rickshaw to roam around which cost a lot.I had booked super deluxe room for my stay. The room was fine wrt size but there were no phone to contact reception,unfunctional mosquito mat,insects in room,AC was making sound,no light most of time and room was very far from reception. I had reached room after roaming in evening at 9pm in heavy rain and wanted water to drink but as phone was not working and also no one was around to get ,it became difficult to survive.The food of mtdc is below average.overall I would not suggest .

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

MTDC resort is very much at the beginning of Matheran...I would say a great location..very near the car park and place where you can get horses for touring Matheran..
The rooms are huge with colonial touch..high ceiling...have a veranda with chairs to sit and chit chat while having tea..huge trees are there in the premises..nice washrooms..
Food is above average and if you don't want the usual affair there is a shop near the gate which offers tea Maggi bhajji and bread toast
Book this if you are looking for comfort and convenience

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

The place is almost pollution free. Motor vehicles are not allowed beyond a point. it has a lot of greenery and abudance of fresh air. Your lungs will thank you after visiting matheran. Horse rise to all the points is also available. lot of small gambling games are being played which is also a fun thing to do. Must plan for a whole day Better to visit in winter season

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2017 via mobile

Last July-2016 I went to matheran hill station with my friends. there are many points to visit. We visited Lords point, Louisa point, lovers point, panaroma point, khandala point and other points, it was really nice experience with many memories. We never forgot that days...superb experience.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2017

I was to reach Matheran from Andheri (Mumbai) . As advised by Trip Adviser reveiws I planned to take a local to Neral and then go to Matheran. I reached Ghakopar station and asked the ticket counter for a ticket to Neral. He said there was no direct train and that I had to catch a train from Kurla. I was confused but thinking that railway guys knew better, I accepted the ticket .On the platform I enquired from fellow passengers about the route I was to take. A good samaritan examined my ticket and told me that I have been issued a ticket for Nerul and not Neral.Lucky I was not fined at my destination.- Moral of the story- Never rely wholly on the information at ticket counters.

Stayed: January 2017