The experience of our stay in this hotel was a mix of good and not so good. Let me first list the 'not so good' part.
1. We booked 4 Double Dlx. Rooms. After we checked in we saw 4 completely different types and standards of rooms allotted to us.While 3 rooms were acceptable, the 4th room was a really a sub-standard room. We can understand that hotels have to manipulate rooms to satisfy and get more customers, but too much compromise with someone who booked well in advance left a bad taste in our mouth. There was a lot of of interaction between us and the hotel staff, and possibly also with one of the promoters/partners as well, at the end of which that room was changed. The staff were courteous all through the arguments. The promoter however was listening less and was more giving her side of the story. Anyways, all were settled finally and the rest of the stay was without any unpleasantness.
2. We paid nearly 5600/- + per room per night. At that price, its not really value for money. I felt it's slightly on the higher side.
Other than these we were happy with the rest. The pluses would be -
1. Location is nice.
2. Staff members are nice and courteous.
3. Clean and well kept property.
4. The overall decor and ambiance of the place was very nice.
So, to sum it up, its a nice cozy comfortable place to stay for a few days. Slightly on the higher side on value for money aspect. But for the manipulation of room allotment, I would have given it 4/5. But I am sticking to 3/5 because of that experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Habitat Shillong is a Boutique Guest House in Shillong,the cultural capital of the North East region of India. It is part of a larger tourism driven initiative aimed at building people to people bridges between India and the South Asian Countries at a cultural and educational level and therefore aims to give visitors an unique perspective of the region, its people, its history, its geography and the promise it holds for the future : Located in the heart of the city near the Cathedral and the Don Bosco Center, It offers cozy accomodation and homestyle food, state of the art hospitality, and caters to the needs to the discerning traveller. In interest of upkeep of the unique boutique furnishing and antique furniture in the rooms, we do not offer room service but there are many lobbies and lounges where you can enjoy the warmth of our hospitality. A real hidden gem. Cafes and public transport are a few minutes walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your The Habitat Shillong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.