“Jadoh”
Review of Trattoria

Trattoria
Ranked #10 of 122 Restaurants in Shillong
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Best place to be wit ma family n ma frend n most of all one woman who served in that shop she is very good... n best in serve I like to visit it wit ma family

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Layout - A genuine khasi restaurant with a unique way of sitting, like a classroom sitting (seriously). A very simple yet sober decor. Few might even find it a little clustrophobic. But believe me, u would be made to feel comfortable ...

Menu - another unique style! The menu was written on wall. With proper description of all cuisines. Though I am new to khasi food yet, I feel everything possible was listed out there....

Food - coming on to the most important thing, how the food. answer- wow! Bloody tasty. Especially, the boiled pork mixed with onion and Ginger... It could give any ham in the world a run for money. Pork lovers, don't miss it. And fermented fish chutney.... I am salivating as I write...

Service - on the first day we reached at 1600 hours or something and the manager, 'Richie' welcomed us and explained the entire menu, since he could gauge us to be tourist. To our bad luck, entire veg dishes had finished and my wife is a pure veggy, so we returned next day at around 1400 hours. There were only one sweet khasi lady (in 50's) and Richie... But believe me, the warmth and hospitality touched us. Very tourist friendly. You would not miss any pomp and show or other lavish decor, thanks to the good polite, welcoming and very well behaved owners. Both speak Hindi and English.

Cost - a non veg platter, a veg platter and another non veg helping ( same pork dish I recommended earlier) got us a bill of 300/_. Bloody good man! Wow.

Overall, do visit this place to taste genuine khasi food with good hospitality at a bloody cheap price but without any pomp and show. Must visit.

Tango.

1  Thank IamTango
Reviewed July 8, 2018

An excellent Khasi food joint. It remains crowded all throughout the day. It is quite common to see a queue outside the place during lunch time as locals flock here for food. Excellent quality Khasi thali available here. The owner lady is very polite and helpful. The man was very helpful also. However, the place may seem to be a bit costly compared to the quantity and items. But, while in Shillong, a one-time visit for experiencing genuine Khasi food is advised.

1  Thank iamArnabPal
Reviewed May 31, 2018

I recently visited this place in one of my backpacking trips in North East and i must say this is one of the best place in shillong for khasi food. The place might look very small and crowded, but don't judge the place by its look. It has been awarded for its food and the locals prefer this place too. The price is very economic, 150 bucks for a full thali. Pork thali is best here. If you are a family or a group of friends looking for a sophisticated place to dine, this is not for you. But if you want something quick,tasty and cheap, this is the best place for you. Now i take all the people on my backpacking trips in NE to this place.!

1  Thank PanchalB9
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

This is a hole in the wall, tucked-in behind the shopping mall in a by lane, you would easily overlook this place in the busy bazaar.
Serves Khasi cuisine - from Meghalaya. The decor is basic and rustic, some people may not have the stomach to handle the food and the smells.