“The best hotel to suggest to your worst enemy !!!”
Review of Puri Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puri
Puri Hotel
Ranked #42 of 81 Hotels in Puri
Alipurduar, West Bengal, India
“The best hotel to suggest to your worst enemy !!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

The worst hotel I've ever stayed.From the receptionist to the hotel boy,nobody know the minimum courtesy to talk to their guest. No professionalism ,rude and they are just greedy for their tips.Very very poor room service, pathetic food. a complete ruined hotel. The best hotel to suggest to your worst enemy , they'll surely spoil his holiday... 100% guaranteed. Though, ironically, few of my colleagues suggested me this hotel.
During booking they promised me a sea-facing room . After arrival at Puri, I went to the hotel. The front-desk manager told me the room is vacant but I've to wait as the cleaning work is going on. I've waited in the lounge with all my luggage for half an hour, and during that time, that man completely ignore my presence. When, I told him, I rather going to another hotel as there ape plenty of hotels in the same row with the similar cost, that man called a hotel-boy to show me the room. First he showed a 6-bedded dormitory for two of us!!! It's at the down floor, just attached to the reception, suffocating. The room was offcourse sea facing but you can't see it due to the hotel's boundary-wall. As I refused to stay there, and forced to go to another hotel, he show me one sea-facing room ,which is actually side facing ,from where you can hardly see a little portion of sea-beach through the gaps between other hotels and shops. I decided to left the hotel, then that front-desk man requested me to stay at this room for that day only and also promised he'll provide a sea-facing room on the very next day and at the early morning. I believed on his fake promise and as I was very tired too, we decided to stay their for that day. the room was just horrible to stay.Old and dirty, bed-sheet was dirty. toilet is a real hell. even the room doesn't have a three-pin socket connection to charge your mobile phone or fix the mosquito-repealer at night .The curtains are transparent .Later I found that, actually It's attached to the staff-quarter. On the next morning, I asked the front office man to provide me the sea-facing room, as he promised. He told me to contact at 12 o'clock. as some guests are leaving then. Accordingly again I went there at afternoon, but again he the same story repeated , 'come on evening'. It was really frustrating when evening too, they couldn't provide me any such room.It was clear that I've to adjust with the room,provided by them . I was also adjust to avoid the whole course of searching and shifting to another hotel again, at the mid of our tour.
I stayed there for four days, and nobody come to my room to change the bed-sheet or towel. every time I've to call them for the replacement.The sweeper appeared on the last day to ask for his Tips.Every time I order the meal, they'll send different boys to my room, and before we left the hotel, 5-6 hotel boys came together to my room for their individual tips.
One of my friend supposed to call me, it was a real urgency and my mobile was out of order. So accordingly I gave the prior intimation to the front desk to inform me as my room didn't have a telephone too. But when he called, the front-desk give him my room's telephone number, which actually doesn't exist!! Being failed to contact me on that number ,he again called to the front desk and they informed him that, I've left the hotel few hours back...though I was very much there,in my room and waiting for his call !!! They even didn't bother to inform me on the next morning when we met them.
Even, if they offer you a taxi service for sight-seeing or other purpose,please don't avail that. You can get same in far far cheaper rate from the taxi stand, just infront of the hotel's main gate.
Therefore my personal request is never ever stay at this hotel. It's no doubt the worst hotel in Puri.Find another at the same or less price at the same location.Please don't ruin your holiday as we did.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
13 Thank Saubhanik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I stayed in Puri Hotel from 6th to 9th August. I went for holiday with my family(total 5 members) and we took three rooms here. We had the worst experience staying here !! First of all, the rooms are full of termites and other insects, AC does not work well, poor room service and food is not at all of standard quality. Indeed these are the minor bad things about this hotel and I have written this review to share one of my worst experience of puri trip.
Two of our money purses were stolen from the room. My husband's purse contained Rs.8000 cash, PAN card, debit card. The other purse contained about Rs.1000 cash. Strangely, someone took both purses from the room when my mother-in-law was standing in balcony looking outside and the door was open for a short while (about 10-15 min). Rest of us were present in another room viewing TV. To our surprise, when we reported this to front desk, there was no reaction at all. The manager did not bother to atleast come and ask us about the incident. The front desk told us to go to police. We lodged a FIR in local police station. Since we had lost the money as well as the debit card, we requested the management to allow us to pay a percentage of due bills after returning back to kolkata, but the manager told they can do so only if we will withdraw the FIR and report to police station that we are not paying fully. Thankfully we got help from one of our local friend and fully paid the hotel bills. We didn't got any cooperation from hotel management.
So, I will never recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family. Also, I will request everyone to be very alert even if anyone chose this budget hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
11 Thank Reena2011_11

Travellers are raving about these Puri hotels

Visakhapatnam, India
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This was our eighth stay at Puri hotel , on the sea beach of Puri. But this time we missed the very personal touch which had touched our minds in the previous visits. Food quality is also not as before. Rooms too need touch up. We got to think twice about staying there once more during our next visit !!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
9 Thank mouROY
Reviewed 30 April 2011

We booked this hotel for our four day stay in Puri mainly it's location reception.

We have stayed at many hotels over the years, but here it is price wise very good. we enjoyed here with the service and hospitality.
Many Thanks to them

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank SMADHU
Reviewed 27 April 2011

In case you consider being on the beach all day and have a typical Bengali food spread to fall back upon when you return to your hotel, I guess this is the Best Hotel around. Just on the beach, located comfortably (neither desolated like the other expensive resorts here; nor in the crowded Swarga-dwar area), all the rooms are sea facing.

The best place is the portico in front of the reception that allows you to enjoy the sea from the hotel itself.

Do not expect much of a good service this is one is equivalent to a non-star hotel. The canteens serve Bengali food and have very small period of operation. They even go to the extent to rushing the guests so that they close in time.

This hotel suits fine for people who do not expect much and just want to spend time on their own, without much interaction with others.

Room Tip: Take the higher price ones for good view of sea.
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
9 Thank Chandrachoor
imphal
Reviewed 21 March 2011

we stayed at puri hotel for 2n/3d. Not a single boy didnot come to room for cleaning. i was surprised what a great name they using to attract tourist. When we came out of the room i shouted to the manager angrily but could not expressed properly as i was overangered.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rediffImphal
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I will say that staying at this hotel was the worst part of my trip. They charge 1500 bucks for AC room and 1000 for non AC rooms. The room provides a good sea facing view which is also visible for the other hotels on the same road. But then, can you believe that they dont have any room service at all? If you need a morning tea, you have to go out to the road. There is a calling bell which you have to press at least 10 times to call someone at your room and then someone comes and asks what do you need. If you ask for a tea in the morning, they may get it in the evening - at least not before that. And if you inform the manager that next day you would like to wake up late, then be sure your room will be knocked right at 7 am - sometimes by a sweeper or sometimes by any of the staff just to ask you if will stay that day. If I have booked the hotel for 4 days, why someone comes next morning and asks me that question?? Manager is rude and directly tells you that he cannot provide any service, There is no restaurant in the hotel either and they cannot get food for you. I will never suggest anyone to stay at the hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple