Square House Bed and Breakfast
The Kings Arms(Burton-in-Kendal)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 15, 2014

Where do I begin! I stayed at Square House Bed and Breakfast for 2 nights when I was visiting the Lake District. Of all the places that I have laid my hat, this was by far the best. It is located in an idyllic and quintessentially old English village which is a perfect base for exploring the surrounding hot spots. The room catered my every need and contained all the essential amenities required for my stay, and after a long days hiking it was a perfect sanctuary to relax. One of the highlights of my stay was the Square House breakfast, extremely tasty and well presented with locally sourced produce. Would highly recommend a stay here, I didn’t want to leave. See you again soon!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elliott_Sam
Alyson Y, Owner at Square House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2015

Thank you for the lovely review, we really appreciate the time our guests take to tell us about their stay. We are looking forward to seeing you , and your hat, again next month!

Reviewed September 8, 2014

This is a fantastic place to stop on the road to and from England. Roomy and extremely comfortable bedroom. The bathroom serving the twin room is large and spotlessly clean, with a magnificent deep bath. Breakfast was a perfect combination of local produce, with fresh fruits.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed whilst attending a family get together nearby. We can highly recommend this venue. Alyson was a lovely welcoming host. Our room was fantastic, had two great nights sleep in the huge bed. Do not miss the breakfast, the full English is a must ! Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Alyson Y, Owner at Square House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2014

Thank you so much for the fab review, we enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you both again soon when you come up to the Lakes on your bike.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Stopping on our way to Scotland and we could not of found a better place to stop for the night. The owner Alison was so helpful and friendly. I was on crutches following surgery and therefore she allowed us to use the shower room down the hall as well as the allocated bathroom opposite our own room. We were also provided with a plastic covering to enable me to shower without getting the wound wet. The beds were high with very deep mattresses, very warm quilts and one soft and one firm pillow leading to a great nights sleep.
Breakfast was a feast - fresh fruit - home made preserves as well as the normal Full English, tea and coffee made to our own tastes. We have stayed in a number of hotels, motels and B&B's not just in this country and this rates as the best yet, my number one.
Would we stay here again - of course we would just need to be in the area or some where near by and we will recommend the place to our family and friends too.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor and to the front of the house have a view of the village main road some traffic noise but not too much
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the lovely review, I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and you will be able to abandon the crutches very soon!
Best Wishes
Alyson and Bob

Reviewed August 23, 2014

This is an exceptional b&b: an attractive and historic house in a pretty village/small town, two most welcoming hosts, a large, elegant, but cosy bedroom, a spotlessly clean bathroom, a delicious breakfast, and even some homemade jam and marmalade for sale. Who could fail to want to come back! We certainly shall.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the lovely review you posted, we enjoyed meeting you both and look forward to meeting the rest of your family when you come back to The Lakes.
Best wishes