See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 6, 2015

I stayed for two nights at this lovely B&B whilst attending training nearby. I was greeted with a lovely warm, friendly welcome. I stayed in the twin room which was very spacious. The bed was lovely and comfortable. The room I had contained everything I needed and a nice touch was the mineral water was replenished daily. The bathroom was across the landing but totally exclusive to the room. There was a lovely bathrobe provided. The bathroom, like the bedroom was spotlessly clean and featured a beautiful roll top bath. There was no shower, but it felt like a treat to soak in that bath. There are only two letting rooms, the other is a family room. I'm not sure how many it would sleep, but you are not going to be overcrowded here or have to compete for assistance. The breakfast was amazing. Lovely fresh fruit, homemade preserves and locally sourced meat etc. The hosts did all they could to help, but also allow guests to have space and privacy. All in all, spotlessly clean, very comfortable and good value for money. There is a nice pub across the road which serves nice food. Try the local cider, especially on a warm summers day.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Alyson Y, Owner at Square House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a complimentary review, we enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again for your next visit to Aspire.
Regards Alyson and Bob

Reviewed June 26, 2015

Although visiting Burton-in-Kendal on my own I was lucky enough to have the Family Room whilst staying at the Square House. The room and the private bathroom are top class. Everything is neat and tidy and in excellent order. The breakfast and hospitality were amazing and I can't recommend this B&B enough!

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Natasha S

It was lovely to meet you and we are so glad you liked our B&B, we hope to see you again in the future.
Best wishes
Alyson and Bob

Reviewed June 7, 2015

We stayed in the family room, which was perfect for 2 adults and our 2 young children, with lots of space and the most comfortable bed I have slept on in any hotel or B&B. The breakfast was on a par with a 5 star hotel with a delicious, skillfully cooked full English, assortment of cereals, fresh strawberries & rasberries, natural yogurt and honey. The hosts were particularly warm & friendly and upon enquiry about a good local pub to eat that evening, proceeded to check respective availability and book us a suitable table. A nice touch. If like us you are looking for a quality B&B to stay en route to Scotland to break up the journey, this is the place to stay. The Square House is a delight, full of high quality touches and 1st class service.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

What a great review, Thank you,

Reviewed May 27, 2015

We recently spent 2 nights at this B&B. The room was spacious with a huge comfortable bed. Breakfast was more than we could eat! The hosts were friendly and relaxed. We chose to stay here as it was close to Leighton Moss RSPB nature reserve and the Ospreys nesting at Foulshaw moss. There is also a good pub just across the road.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for giving us a great review and thanks for the tip about the link to the ospreys which I put on our facebook page and enjoyed dipping in to follow the progress of these wonderful birds Regards
Alyson

Reviewed May 27, 2015

I stopped here during the Christmas period with my girlfriend and found Bob and Alyson more than accommodating.
Unfortunately I forgot to review at the time hence the review being written now.
I feel I had to write this review after reading the "cancellation" review which stated bad customer service. This review couldn't have been further from the truth and obviously was written with some malice.
The room was beautiful and decorated to the highest standard. The breakfast was huge and was sourced from local produce.
I met Bob and Alysons family whilst staying who were so much fun and asked us to join in the festivities.
I will be returning in the near future and cant wait to wear the fluffy robes!
Thank you Bob and Alyson!

Room tip: Either rooms are good as you are given the choice of bathroom with a bath or shower (if available)
Date of stay: December 2014