See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 31, 2015

I stayed at The Square House last week. I have never felt so welcomed! The couple who own it were so helpful and so nice, they really couldn't do enough. You could tell they thoroughly enjoyed what they do and you could sense how personal it was to them, you don't get that lovely feeling in big corporate hotels...they actually care! The room was beautifully laid out, with tea and coffee facilities and the bathroom was huge with a huge shower. Breakfast was gorgeous and beautifully presented. I stayed at the Square House on business and if I am ever in the area again, i shall be staying there, I cannot recommend it highly enough...I wish Trip Advisor would let me give 10 stars.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Alyson Y, Owner at Square House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2015

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you staying with us again for your next "Aspiring" trip! Best wishes, Bob and Alyson

Reviewed October 29, 2015 via mobile

My friend and I were recently doing a photography course with Aspire and stayed at the Square House. We arrived to a very warm welcome from our host, Alison. The house has loads of character and we immediately felt at home. The breakfast times were very flexible and the delicious breakfasts were all made using ingredients from local suppliers. The room was spacious with comfortable beds and the private bathroom was just 2 paces away across the landing. When we checked out two days later it was like saying goodbye to an old friend and we didn't want to leave. Thanks again Alison!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends

It was lovely to meet you both and hope you will stay again if you pass this way in the future. Thank you for giving us such a great review it is much appreciated.
All the best, Alyson and Bob

Reviewed August 6, 2015

I stayed for two nights at this lovely B&B whilst attending training nearby. I was greeted with a lovely warm, friendly welcome. I stayed in the twin room which was very spacious. The bed was lovely and comfortable. The room I had contained everything I needed and a nice touch was the mineral water was replenished daily. The bathroom was across the landing but totally exclusive to the room. There was a lovely bathrobe provided. The bathroom, like the bedroom was spotlessly clean and featured a beautiful roll top bath. There was no shower, but it felt like a treat to soak in that bath. There are only two letting rooms, the other is a family room. I'm not sure how many it would sleep, but you are not going to be overcrowded here or have to compete for assistance. The breakfast was amazing. Lovely fresh fruit, homemade preserves and locally sourced meat etc. The hosts did all they could to help, but also allow guests to have space and privacy. All in all, spotlessly clean, very comfortable and good value for money. There is a nice pub across the road which serves nice food. Try the local cider, especially on a warm summers day.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a complimentary review, we enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again for your next visit to Aspire.
Regards Alyson and Bob

Reviewed June 26, 2015

Although visiting Burton-in-Kendal on my own I was lucky enough to have the Family Room whilst staying at the Square House. The room and the private bathroom are top class. Everything is neat and tidy and in excellent order. The breakfast and hospitality were amazing and I can't recommend this B&B enough!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Natasha S

It was lovely to meet you and we are so glad you liked our B&B, we hope to see you again in the future.
Best wishes
Alyson and Bob

Reviewed June 7, 2015

We stayed in the family room, which was perfect for 2 adults and our 2 young children, with lots of space and the most comfortable bed I have slept on in any hotel or B&B. The breakfast was on a par with a 5 star hotel with a delicious, skillfully cooked full English, assortment of cereals, fresh strawberries & rasberries, natural yogurt and honey. The hosts were particularly warm & friendly and upon enquiry about a good local pub to eat that evening, proceeded to check respective availability and book us a suitable table. A nice touch. If like us you are looking for a quality B&B to stay en route to Scotland to break up the journey, this is the place to stay. The Square House is a delight, full of high quality touches and 1st class service.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family

What a great review, Thank you,