“Have the afternoon tea you won't regret it!”

Fairchild's Tea Rooms
Ranked #16 of 72 Restaurants in Diss
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A vintage tea rooms in the heart of a beautifully quaint market town. With over 100 different loose leaf teas and ten roasts of coffee come along and try our fully licensed establishment
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had afternoon tea for three in November 2017. A huge range of teas with the expertise from staff to make great recommendations. The afternoon tea was very generous and the never ending flow of different teas was superb. We were made to feel very welcome by the friendly owner who was clearly very knowledgeable about all the different teas on offer. A great all round experience we will be very happy to repeat next time we are in Diss

JRS19690411, Owner at Fairchild's Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your lovely review.
We do pride ourselves on the value for money our Full Afternoon Tea provides.
With so many wonderful loose leaf teas available, we take great pleasure in introducing you to as many of them as we can.
We very much look forward to serving you again in the near future

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If such a job title doesn't exist, well it does now. As well as a wine waiter can expertly match wine with food, the incomparable Justine pairs teas with cakes. Having ordered a delicious little key lime sponge cake for elevenses, I put my palate in the owners hands, who suggested a Russian and Lapsang Souchong Blend (with milk!). The tea was quite smokey, but once a dash of milk was introduced, it went perfectly with my little cake.

The tea shop is a bastion of tradition, community and china. As well as the host who always provides entertaining conversation, there are also people to engage with and it's just a great to come and enjoy good old fashioned values that this country seems to have forgotten; Tea and Conversation.

I'm a big fan of supporting local independent businesses and no doubtedly will be back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visit the tearooms usually once a week when I come into Diss to do the banking.
The hostess Justine is a warm, friendly and delightfully eccentric owner who knows all about the 58 different teas. One day I may actually let her recommend a tea, rather than always opting for 'builders tea'.

The cakes are very good, and the toasted teacakes are a thing to be marvelled - they remind me of the Elephant's paws you get in Yorkshire. They are huge, and served with 'lashings of butter and jam' - real butter.

The scones are very good and the high tea is exceptionally good value, and I would think under priced for the amount of work involved in producing such a spread. If you are after a traditional 'high tea' spread of yesteryear, this is the place for you.

The decor is quirky, traditional English, with a nostalgic nod to the past glories of England. Lots of old tablecloths, proper teapots with strainers for the tea. Such a friendly welcome and a great place to sit and relax for a wee while.

I admire the owner's honest response to some of the awful reviews I have seen on here.

The excellent reviews speak to not only the good value, excellent food and drink, but also to the warm strong personality of the owner.

Heartily recommended to anyone who enjoys good tea, excellent ambience and good company if you are on your own.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Massive selection of teas if that's your thing, but I really felt it didn't warrant the prices. Staff a bit loud on the day we visited. Not my first choice in Diss

JRS19690411, Owner at Fairchild's Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your visit or our prices. We don't mind not being your first choice as we really are blessed in Diss with lots of lovely cafes, coffee shops and drinking holes.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review :)

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

It is always brilliant at Fairchild's. Justine is fantastic, the food is delicious and the tea is abuntant! Whenever I visit here I always want to stay longer. Definitely a must when in Diss.