Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
lyn
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom

Lunches/bar

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 24, 2024via mobile
Was so pleased with the renovations at the hotel when we visited for lunch early May. Lunch menu featured small plates which were lovely especially the crab Mac and cheese. Great value. However on revisiting late May all changed lunch menu showing mainly main courses! Also the Mac and cheese now comes with garlic bread but has trebled almost in price. Really disappointed . Not everyone wants a large lunch and can’t see the price increase that justified. Doesn’t look as if we’ll be back anytime soon for lunch again
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Lovely hotel in great setting . New bar area also good with views of the sea.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded May 28, 2024
Hello,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your lunch during your early May visit and found the renovations pleasing. We apologize for the disappointment you experienced with the changes to the lunch menu and the pricing of the crab Mac and cheese.

Your comments are valuable to us, and we will review our menu offerings and pricing to ensure they meet the expectations of all our guests. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Best regards,
C$206
  • StayForLong
2.3 km from The Golden Lion Hotel
View more hotels in Hunstanton
All reviews sea view self drive country hotels premier room seaside hotel first floor ground floor night break dog friendly hotel tea and coffee long weekend sunny hunny sea front shearings coast dogs norfolk
Selected filters
Reviewed May 21, 2024

Catherine and I just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU for making Catherine’s 50th birthday lunch celebration with you so special.

We reserved Table 3 by the windows looking out over The Green and the sea in the newly refurbished and relocated bar/lounge.

On arrival we were greeted by the team and shown to our table. What a spectacular setting. The table was set beautifully and a birthday card awaited Catherine with a lovely message from Team Golden Lion.

Prosecco’s in hand we toasted the special day and ordered the Sunday roast. We were not disappointed. The new chef made a super meal, pink roast beef with all the trimmings and extra gravy, just delicious! Our meal was rounded off perfectly with a chocolate sundae and a very special surprise. Alex brought out an ice cream cake, candle lit and everyone in the room sang Happy Birthday, it was quite magical.

Thank you Golden Lion Team for making the day very special. A special thank you to Trish for organising everything, Alex for the superb attention & Chloe for her big smiles and great service.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
L J Leisure Ltd, General Manager at The Golden Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2024

Dear Catherine and Chris

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for choosing The Golden Lion to celebrate Catherine’s 50th birthday. We are thrilled to hear that you had such a memorable and special experience with us.

It’s fantastic to know that you enjoyed the spectacular setting of our newly refurbished bar/lounge, and that the view over The Green and the sea added to the celebration. We’re glad the beautifully set table and the birthday card from Team Golden Lion made Catherine’s day extra special.

We’re delighted that the Prosecco toast and the Sunday roast, prepared by our new chef, met your expectations. It’s great to hear that you found the pink roast beef with all the trimmings and extra gravy delicious. The chocolate sundae and the surprise ice cream cake sound like the perfect finishing touches, and we’re happy that the birthday song added a magical touch to the celebration.

Thank you for your kind words about our team. Trish, Alex, and Chloe will be thrilled to hear that their efforts contributed to making your day special. We are proud of our team and their dedication to providing exceptional service.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to The Golden Lion in the future.

Warm regards,

Giles & The Golden Lion Team

Reviewed May 20, 2024

I had crab which you could smell before it was seen . The white blobs were apparently potato which looked like regurgitated milk that had a few bubbles in it like it had fermented .Obviously it was sent back.
I thought the shabby chic look was much more like shabby, but that is only my opinion.

Trip type: Travelled with family
L J Leisure Ltd, General Manager at The Golden Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2024

Hello,
We're sorry to hear you were unhappy with your meal. We assure you that the crab was fresh and prepared to our usual high standards. When we tried to address your concerns, we found your response to our staff quite uncooperative with you putting the phone down. We strive to provide excellent service, we do wish you all the best for the future
Kind regards

Reviewed May 20, 2024 via mobile

We had a very enjoyable Sunday roast , the food was plentiful and high quality. Millie our waitress was excellent, happy efficient and friendly. Having had the meal we had a quick drink in the bar area , that has amazing views of the Hunstanton coast line.
Will be back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Michelle,
Thank you for your lovely review! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Sunday roast and found the food plentiful and of high quality. We're also glad Millie provided excellent service. It's wonderful that you appreciated the bar area and its amazing views of the Hunstanton coastline. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Warm Rgards

Reviewed May 18, 2024

This hotel might be one of the best I’ve ever stayed in!
Having struggled through a difficult few months I booked my birthday eve away here. The minute I walked into reception I knew this had been one of my better ideas!
The staff were incredibly friendly and kind, the bar was utterly gorgeous and my room truly was the best in the hotel.
I woke up on my birthday and popped downstairs for without question one of the most delicious hotel breakfasts I’ve ever eaten - and when I returned to my room I found a birthday card from all of the staff.
I felt like I was with family even though I’d never met anyone here before. I absolutely cannot wait to return!

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello,
Thank you so much for your heartfelt review! We're thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful solo birthday visit and that our staff made you feel right at home. It’s great to know that you enjoyed our bar, your room, and our delicious breakfast. We’re especially happy that our birthday card added a special touch to your stay. We can't wait to welcome you back soon!
Warmest regards

Reviewed May 15, 2024

I would like to personally thank Chloe who helped me on Saturday with my father, who is in a wheelchair, Chloe could see I was struggling and came out to help push my father up the hill and in to the bar area, young Chloe was extremely helpful, polite and smiley, just what I needed after pushing my father in his wheelchair in the heat and we were greeted at the bar by a lovely young blonde lady and young man that were extremely friendly.
Please pass on our thanks and let Chloe know to keep up the great customer service and I very much appreciated her help.
She is a credit to you.
We shall definitely be back very soon.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
L J Leisure Ltd, General Manager at The Golden Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2024

Hello,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that Chloe went above and beyond to assist you and your father. Your kind words have been shared with Chloe, and she is delighted to know her efforts were appreciated.

We can't wait to welcome you back soon for another memorable visit. Until then, take care!

Warm regards,