“Inappropriate discussions amongst staff”

The 12 Lost Churches
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Dunwich
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A superb contemporary bar restaurant at Cliff House Holiday Park in Dunwich Suffolk. The restaurant is open to all and booking can be made by telephoning us. Our Locally sourced food is popular with all and on a Sunday we run an excellent Sunday Roast. We cater for birthday parties, Christmas Parties in fact you name it we can do it! Our staff are always on hand to help you and you will find all of us very friendly.
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

This is my first review, however my visit to the 12 Lost churches have left me outraged and disgusted and feel the need to warn other visitors. We had seen positive reviews for the site and had been looking forward to our visit, only to be sat with my wife and children to hear quite loudly and openly a discussion about a member of staffs `previous life'. I don't feel It's necessary to put any details of this discussion on here, but lets put it this way, it's left me and my wife with a very difficult discussion to be had with our children. We left feeling uncomfortable and angry when such a beautifully situated cosy restaurant was let down by outrageous talk by staff, and some to what I can only assume to be customers. I hope that this can be dealt with promptly so that other parents don't have to sit down and have this discussion with their children.

5  Thank Compass11954835915
steve j, Director of Sales at The 12 Lost Churches, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2018

Complete troll and fake how dare you put rubbish up like this on our lovely business, this is not a review but a business attack. You have been reported to tripadvisor to be removed, Whoever you are you are despicable. Steve

Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

We have visited the bar a few times now but have never got round to sampling the food. So on our last visit, we thought we would book a table and give it a go. Well......... we were not disappointed. The wait was minimal, the service was exceptional and the food was amazing. The portion sizes we so very generous we had no room left for dessert All in all, a thoroughly tasty, enjoyable evening.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Superb food. Help yourself carvery 3 choices of meat. Service with a smile.
Had steak and was cooked to perfection( best I’ve had in a long while)

Only complaint I had was children running back and forth from the play area making lots of noise.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I would like to firstly say what a convenient restaurant for people using the campsite and how relaxing it was to sit and have a coffee while the children play in the park. Our first experience was of a very helpful barman but unfortunately at our second visit after asking when we could order and then waiting for the hour until that time we were then told that we would have to book a table. We wished they had said before as it was then too late to get food anywhere else. The most disappointing visit however was later in the holiday. I am honestly shocked that a manager of what looks and felt like a wonderful place to be can respond in such a negative and quite honestly bullying way. It is utterly disgusting how he is treating people in his restaurant and also in his responses to anything slightly negative on trip advisor. I have never come across anything like it. The food wasn’t bad the cleanliness was good, the staff were mostly friendly and helpful but we will now avoid this restaurant and are very likely to avoid the campsite due to his behaviour. We arrived on holiday to enjoy our friends and young children and were met by an abrupt, rude and unkind man. (Everything we are constantly trying to bring our children up not to be) in front of our large party including 9 children it was obvious he didn’t want such a group in his restaurant. There were some crossed wires with our booking which we apologised for but were met with extremely abrupt and rude comments “I’m only doing snacks, you can’t all eat, you’ll have to wait.” The negative reviews and his responses will give you an insight in to his manner. The final straw was when I tried to explain to the waitress what had happened; she continued to turn to another one of our party and smile sarcastically as not to acknowledge my explanation. An absolute disgraceful way to treat anybody let alone a customer. We completely understand we are a big party with lots of (well behaved) children but were treated in an absolutely awful way. I can not believe he is getting away with treating poleople like this and I would not reccomend the 12 churches because I would not want anyone else to be treated in this way.

11  Thank lornacollins21
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Eight of us who were staying at Cliff House ate here and we're served by Millie who was very attentive, drinks arrived quickly and the timings for courses was perfect. The fish and chips was very good as was the burger. The food was excellent and I would recommend the restaurant to others.

2  Thank Kerry B
steve j, Director of Sales at The 12 Lost Churches, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

What a fantastic review a real team effort and a special mention for Millie - well done Millie!! Many thanks for taking the time to review us - a proud moment for someone’s parents!!