“Excellant Food”

Sutherland House
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Southwold
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sutherland House is not just Southwolds only seafood restaurant, it is also a neighbourhood restaurant which serves local food for local people.
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I had the most amazing meal here.The service was excellant. They went the extra mile with homemade bread and a taster of the day. The scallops and hake were amazing .
Would go again if in the area.
It would be a crime if this was missed on a visist to Sothwold.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We visited the top restaurants in Southwold last week, and this one came out on top by a mile.
The actual restaurant is appealing, but the food makes this the winner hands down.

I don't have time to go through the courses and what we all had, but both my partner and I were in agreement that this was outstanding.

I took on a fish theme, and my partner had venison, which I also sampled and thought was excellent.

We took our 7 year old, and they catered for him also, with a kids menu that was of very good quality.

Good champagne selection too, nice bottle of Dom Perignon, but several other options also available.

For us, taking into account the others we also visited, this wins hands down and thoroughly deserves its 2 AA rossettes for fine food.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

As regular customers we would unreservedly recommend this restaurant. The cooking is of the very highest standard, consistent and always beautifully presented. There is a warm welcome on arrival and the restaurant is spacious and very comfortable. Very cosy in winter with big log fires. Andy, the Manager, goes out of his way to make the evening a memorable occasion, without being over-attentive - a fine balance and his head waiter is equally delightful.

Must book as it has become known as one of the best for miles around.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Many thanks to Andy and his team for enabling us to have a great celebration for my husband’s 50th – the food was lovely and we appreciated your attention, flexibility and good service – we had a great evening.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Had lunch at Sutherland House last Friday and was thoroughly impressed. The fish chowder and pan roasted sea bass were utterly delicious. The manager and waiter were very welcoming and served us well. My Partner went for the steak which just melted in the mouth. We will return when we can.