We had dinner in the main cathedral like dining room.
Service was excellent.
The choice of meals was good and varied. Every course was visually attractive and tasted good.
Only two things were of comment on the table about our experience.
1. A couple of our party had a turkey Xmas dinner. There was brown turkey meat 'hidden' under the white meat on every plate. If it had been served along side, we wouldn't have felt they were trying to hid it.
2. At the end of the evening, the £670 bill was paid along with a £70 tip. As we were getting our coats, the manager came up and asked to speak to us. It seems they had calculated the bill wrong and were £10 short. It should have been £680. We did discuss telling them to take it out of the tip but just gave them a tenner. Seriously! I would have just kept quite and accepted a smaller tip, rather than make the last thing a customer remembers about the vist being this...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marygreen Manor Hotel is a fine example of early sixteenth-century architecture in Brentwood, Essex. Beautifully presented and centrally located, just minutes from M25/J28, with easy access to London & the Home Counties. Our Tudor Manor House offers a variety of accommodation from Luxurious 4 Poster Tudor Suites to our Delightful Courtyard Garden Rooms. Marygreen Manor is also home to the 2AA Rosette Tudors Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marygreen Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marygreen Manor Brentwood
- Marygreen Manor Hotel Brentwood, UK - Essex