All reviews nothing too much trouble gluten free biscuits will continue to do so friendly hosts stayed here recommend this hotel close to town centre convenient location enjoyable stay spacious room free wifi car park facilities
Reviewed August 15, 2016

we stayed for two nights as we were attending a wedding close by
found a little gem of a hotel
clean comfortable a real home from home. Andrea and Steve the owners are two of the nicest people you will ever meet they pride themselves in every possible detail to make your stay an enjoyable one
the food is all freshly cooked breakfast good choice and comes up piping hot.we also had dinner there again all cooked by the owners and to a very high standard beds comfortable nothing too much trouble 10/10 would definitely stay again

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
stevebos, Owner at Boswell House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2016

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay at The Boswell House Hotel. As a small independent hotel we hope to offer high levels of service and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much and we are very grateful for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Chelmsford.

Reviewed May 27, 2016

9 mature men went to Essex to play a number of golf courses in the area and we made Boswell house our centre for the 4 days. We were well looked after by Steve and Andrea and they made us all feel at home. They even went to the extend of getting in some of our favourite beers. Everyone enjoyed the stay and would go back.

Room tip: All seemed good
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
stevebos, Owner at Boswell House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2016

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Boswell House Hotel. We are delighted that you all enjoyed your stay and would be happy to return. Essex has a lot of great golf courses for you to play and we hope that you make a return trip in the near future. I promise to try and fix the weather next time so that your golf shoes stay dry !!

Reviewed May 4, 2016

I've Stayed here for a few months during the week due to work commitments. I park my car on a Monday and drive away on a Friday saving a small fortune on car paking as there is no cost. The hotel is situated a close walk from the town centre. The room is always clean and tidy, the couple who running the place are always really helpful. Breakfast is just right with branded condiments and it's always freshly made and served hot there is also a restaurant serving excellent home cooked food in the evening. I would 100% stay here again its just a shame my work at Chelmsford is comming to a end as it is proper home from home.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Neil W
stevebos, Owner at Boswell House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2016

Hello NeilW

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. As a small independent family run hotel we try to provide a home from home for our guests. Thank you for your comments regarding the home cooked food and branded condiments !!
We are very happy that you feel that you would 100% return to the hotel.

Reviewed April 26, 2016

I have been staying in this hotel for several nights a week for four years and would not consider any other hotel in Chelmsford.
The rooms are comfortable and clean, free WIFI and parking and all within 5 minutes walk of the town centre
I find I am treated as well now as I was when I first started staying in this hotel, nothing is too much trouble.
When people look on TripAdvisor for reviews they often only look at the first few, keep looking down the list to hotels like this one because ranking in the review list is based not on the quality rating of the reviews but on the number of reviews sent in (or on how much a hotel is willing to spend with the review site).
The best testament I can give is that the majority of guests in this hotel are regulars who keep coming back - ask yourself - why is that?

Room tip: All the rooms are good
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Phil S

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is good to know that one of our regular guests feels that he is treated as well as he was when he first arrived. We look forward to seeing you after your short break.

Reviewed March 6, 2016

Very nice comfortable room, single bed, shower and toilet facilities, TV and tea / coffee making bits. Reasonably quiet, despite being close to main road. A good ten minutes walk from Chelmsford Station. Tesco store a few minutes away, as other retail shops.
The owners were friendly and helpful, nice to talk with them. The breakfast was good, considering I rarely have a breakfast, juice, coffee, yogurt/fruit and toast was good to start off my day!

Room tip: Single room is on ground floor, fairly quiet. Other rooms upstairs.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank CMPB7
stevebos, Owner at Boswell House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2016

Hello CMPB7
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Boswell House Hotel. I am glad that we were able to tempt you with our Light Breakfast option. We look forward to welcoming you when you next visit The Essex Records Office.