“Felt like a house guest”
Review of Pinchos

Pinchos
Ranked #44 of 415 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2011

A warm welcome when we arrived. Attentive but not intrusive service. Food was delicious as was the reasonably priced wine. We felt like dinner guests not customers, nothing was too much trouble even when we danced a little in the restaurant to the live guitar music. We celebrated our 10 years together here and enjoyed every moment of it. This is a privately owned establishment and as such cannot offer the meal reductions 2for 1 etc that the larger chains do, of which are located in the same area. But please please give it a try you will not be disappointed. We are intending to return for a lunch time paella and wine. I don't often give reviews but on this occassion felt impelled too. Real customer service and lovely food sadly too often are missing from eateries. Take a look at their Xmas and New Year menu excellent value. Enjoy !!!!!

Reviewed October 11, 2011

spent a night at Pinchos the food was was fantastic, hot and freshly cooked. The atmosphere at the beginning of the night was welcoming, service very good and staff excellent. The later part of the evening turned into a very entertaining night, with live music, everybody in the restaraunt enjoyed the music and look forward to returning for another great Saturday night. Thanks to all the staff!

Reviewed October 10, 2011

My girlfriend and I decided to take a chance after reading the below negative reviews and we are very glad that we did. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the service was impeccable. All the staff here are extremely welcoming, even going as far as moving us to a ‘warmer’ table as the one we was allocated had a draft from the open front door (the waitress was serving people outside) so it was more comfortable. The food was served to us very quickly even though there were a couple of big tables who ordered in front of us. The paella took a bit longer, but that’s expected when ordering paella, but the wait was worth it – we had a 1 person to share and we couldn’t finish it (we also had 4 dishes to share). To summarise we were both over the moon with the service and the food and will be returning in the near future.

1  Thank Dan F
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I visited Pinchos on what was probably their hottest weekend!! The last day of September and I'm on my way over to Essex to meet up with my daughter. I was also staying over so pleased about not doing the journey back! We arrived early in the evening and chose to sit outside. They have excellent seating and both here and inside they were very busy. A smiling waiter came over with menus and the wine list. We chose a Spanish Rose and I noted a very good wine list someone clearly knows their wines!! The Rose was lovely and chilled and was also accompanied by 2 glasses of iced water a very welcome addition! After studying the menu and the specials board, a lady came over to take our order, she was very discreet, but clearly experienced about all the dishes, my daughter was treating me, bless, and when my daughter had completed our order, the lady assured us that our food would be with us as quickly as possible, that all the food is freshly cooked and although you could see that the restaurant was clearly very busy all diners seemed very happy, extremely happy with food, drinks and service. We chatted about the good weather enjoyed our wine and it seemed in no time that the smiling waiter was back with our food! Now I know why it was fantastic at one point I thought I was in Spain how refreshing to have excellent food not like the boring food you get in chains/franchises served up by staff that clearly have no interest whatsovever.
We were both too full to enjoy a pudding as the portions were very generous, but I will be back with my parents and other family members over the Christmas period and I cannot wait!!
Top marks to all staff that coped in very hot conditions, they worked very well together and looked after all customers whether they were eating, drinking or enquiring about booking a table!!

Date of visit: September 2011
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Pinchos is a restaurant that i have visited a number of times. having read reviews posted on here at the begging of October, i was amazed to read the terrible comments made and couldn't get my head around this!! I visited Pincho's last weekend for a late lunch and was greeted with the usual warm, friendly and inviting welcome. I could never fault this particular restaurant for food, service or atmosphere!! On every occasion that i have eaten or even just had a drink at Pincho's, it's been a pleasure and would always be my 1st choice if dinning out. The food is exquisite and all prepared fresh which i LOVE, its a true taste of Spain and i must say the chefs do an EXCELLENT job!! Last weekend it was a very hot day and we went to Pincho's for a late lunch, it was very busy but the staff remained helpful polite and friendly, which makes it all worth while even if there is a slight delay for food or drinks and once the the food arrived, any delay was long forgotten!! I recommend Pincho's to EVERYONE its a true taste of Spanish cloture and is a MUST DO!! I shall shortly be booking my 2nd christmas party at Pincho's with my work, as im not the only one that loves this place, i could safely say everyone i know that's been to Pincho's would 100% be going back!