“Amazing food”

Ranked #44 of 414 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I regularly visit pinchos whether it be on a Sunday afternoon, in the sun drinking wine with a friend, or an evening out with my partner for tapas. The food never disappoints, the customer service - especially from the owners is second to none, made to feel ver welcome, and can not do enough for you. Must visit this restaurant in Chelmsford, namely because of the food and service, but also for the fact tha it is a family run business, not a chain. There are too many chain restaurants in Chelmsford.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

Went to Pincho's for lunch in the summer. Had the special where yoc ould choose 3 tapas dishes for £10 i think it was, which we ordered along with a Paella. The Paella was very nice, however the Tapas itself looked mass produced and were tiny portions - eg. one potato croquette. As a normal priced dish is 8 quid I felt the tapas was poor.

Service was most definitely lacking though - we were served by a big waiter with blonde hair who was disinterested at best, and at the end of the meal which came to £36 I put down £40 cash and never saw him again with the change. Albeit it would have been a tip anyway, I dont like the assumption that it was his to keep.

Not impressed and wont be returning. Only gave an average mark because the Paella was nice and we could sit outside in the sun.

1  Thank Glen S
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Went to Pinchos with my wife and some friends on a Saturday night. The food and service were excellent. The feel and style of the restaurant is great, and miles ahead of the old chain Tapas 'La Tasca' that used to be in Chelmsford.

And the final highlight for me was the poached pear desert with amaretto ice cream, I've rarely tasted a better pear desert, top notch.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

My friend and I visited Pinchos on Saturday and a warm, friendly welcome greeted us! The service was excellent, the food was amazing and the owners were very friendly and helpful. All together it was a wonderful experience and I would recommend that if you are in Chelmsford you avoid the chain restaurants and give Pinchos a go.
The BEST steak you will EVER eat!!

Reviewed November 2, 2011

A warm welcome when we arrived. Attentive but not intrusive service. Food was delicious as was the reasonably priced wine. We felt like dinner guests not customers, nothing was too much trouble even when we danced a little in the restaurant to the live guitar music. We celebrated our 10 years together here and enjoyed every moment of it. This is a privately owned establishment and as such cannot offer the meal reductions 2for 1 etc that the larger chains do, of which are located in the same area. But please please give it a try you will not be disappointed. We are intending to return for a lunch time paella and wine. I don't often give reviews but on this occassion felt impelled too. Real customer service and lovely food sadly too often are missing from eateries. Take a look at their Xmas and New Year menu excellent value. Enjoy !!!!!