“Very accommodating ”

Ranked #45 of 402 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Totally enjoyable and Martha was very accommodating very worth an evening or a lunch for social event
Highly recommended for welcoming hospitality and accommodating to me and my friend who are both mobility impaired

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

I'm spanish, and I try to go all spanish restaurants in Essex to review the basics from Spain.

In Pinchos we found some basic dishes were really good.
Calamari were very good, Bravas could improve.
Croquetes were very good and also prawns.

I would recommend.

Next time will book a paella.

Reviewed September 10, 2017

I must firstly say that the staff here are really lovely.
They genuinely seem to care about the customers which I really like.
The food was prepared quickly (although at the time we went it wasn't overly busy).
And it was very good and we definitely did it justice.
Portion sizes were generous too.
It would have been nice to have something to give it a little more atmosphere.
Its great to go to a 'non-chain' restaurant and have the food freshly made, from fresh ingredients.

Reviewed September 10, 2017

Had a booking for 6 for a birthday meal and was eager to experience Pinchos for the first time, after hearing a lot of good things from friends and family. Sadly what they and other reviews describe was far from what we experienced.

Unlike a lot of other reviewers I didn't personally have many problems with the service. The only niggle was that they brought out half of the food we ordered and then left us waiting for about 10-15 minutes before the rest came out. Otherwise, they were generally polite and attentive.The restaurant was clean and had a nice atmosphere in general, although one could question the relevance of afro-cuban jazz playing in the background of a Spanish tapas bar.

The food is where they really fall short. I have friends in Valencia and I have experienced authentic paella many times and this restaurant's is way off the mark. Everyone knows Valencian paella must have a slightly charred crust on the bottom as it must NEVER be stirred. I don't know if they are trying to accommodate a more British palate but everything was unbelievably bland(!).Equally the vegetarian paella was virtually tasteless and had nothing remotely Spanish about it. Just a lot of oil - no salt, no paprika, no saffron etc.The tapas were a similar story. They were more enjoyable than the paella, but still rather disappointing, really lacking in Spanish vibrancy and just generally soulless!

The price we payed for this disappointing food was £181 with three bottles of wine included. I begrudgingly paid the imposed 10% service charge and still feel outraged that I had to pay for bread and olives which are complementary in any decent tapas bar!

Overall, I really wanted to like Pinchos, but the food was so uninspiring and bland it's hard to walk away with a positive opinion of the restaurant, with the food they present and the price they charged. I can cook myself a better paella at home and there is another tapas bar not far from this one where I will be going next time I feel like enjoying some Spanish food.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

Sat outside in hot sunshine drinking San Miguel draught lager. Spoilt for choice from the main menu and daily specials board. 3 dishes for £10.50. Food was excellent. Authentic Spanish cooking. Service first class. Very good bottle of Tempranilla. Highly recommendable.