“Oh dear”

Pizza Express
Ranked #264 of 405 Restaurants in Chelmsford
Price range: US$43 - US$43
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Chelmsford offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

We went in here on a Sunday lunch. No problem getting a table as very quiet. Ordered dough balls double which was nice (hence 2 stars) and the waitress was ok. But after her shift ended it went down Hill fast. My pizza was so so but my other half’s was doughy if we could actually find anyone to complain to we would have. The manager was floating about but seemed all over the place. When We asked for bill was like a scene out of mr bean. 4 times they tried to get bill right and couldn’t. Tried giving us wrong bill then the wrong change. Nearly gave up. Mr Bean was trying but I think he didn’t know what to do. Needs sorting before we go back as used to be good.

1  Thank paulsM554WA

Reviewed May 14, 2018

service and food good. As long as you don't get put off the food by the large amount of dead insects in the light shades above the tables.They really need to be cleaned out.

1  Thank E9215NHteresaw
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

Beautifully clean and friendly staff.
I love visiting this restaurant as their Chelmsford one is always great. - I always look for deals as they are always available.

Reviewed April 17, 2018

Took my family (myself, wife & 2 young children) for a friday evening meal. As expected, it was reasonably busy, not packed to the rafters, but a definite 'beehive of activity' scenario.

The food was reasonable. We ordered a started of cured meats, Mozzarella, salad leaves and olives. Fresh on the palate and light on the stomach. Then came our Pizza's. These were standard, 'nice', but not stunning little numbers. My Chicken pizza was a spicy affair (luckily my taste buds are akin to asbestos). For what you pay for, I guess you'd deem value for money in the 'ok' bracket.

One thing that was worth noting (on this occasion), was our Waitress (sadly didn't catch her name), who was absolutely wonderful. Polite, attentive and the proud owner of the warmest of smiles. My daughter conspired to knock over her mother's half full glass of wine. Insinctively, the waitress was on the scene, mopping up the spilt drink with minimum fuss and maximum effort. There was (sadly) some debris, in the shape of smashed glass. The waitress meticulously sought out and removed the rogue shards from the vicinity of our young daughters. Then, without prompting or expectation, she brought over a new glass of chilled wine, free of charge! What a lovely gesture.

The life of a waiter/waitress can be tough, but the best shine like the sun and in this instance, we were privy to some of the best waitressing I've experienced in some time! Bravo!

1  Thank _joel_koala
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

Visited here with my friend for a nice catch up and found ourselves waiting 2 hours in total for 2 courses on a Monday evening. The service was terrible and none of the waitresses were paying attention to us, we had been sitting looking at our finished plates for 30 minutes and then didn’t get asked to order our deserts, they then burnt my desert and therefore had to wait another 10 minutes to cook an already made desert! Overall just wasn’t a good experience.

1  Thank SallyWhyte12