“Great People”

Add it.
Brunton House Guest House
Ranked #5 of 13 Clacton-on-Sea B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 December 2016

It was a great room really great owners the breakfast was different continental breakfast in the room the beds were really hard found it difficult to sleep hips and ankles really sore in the morning I informed the owner and He said that no one had said anything before I feel He did not take my comment seriously He said may be perhaps the mattress needed turning W ether this has happened or not I do not know

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

My dad booked this B & B for us to stay in to watch the Clacton Airshow .

Location was perfect only 2 minutes from the seafront.

Owners were friendly and helpful, accommodation suited our needs and had everything we needed for a home from home. We had access to a fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle on the room. Sainsburys is only two minutes up the road so could buy food/drink to keep in the fridge which was good for us with our little one.

Had a good nights sleep, even though situated on a main road was not noisy. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2016

My daughter, 5 yr old grandson and I stayed for a one night stopover on Tuesday 23 August.We had an en-suite family room which was spacious and clean.The breakfast which was included was buffer style which we ate in our room.Everything was supplied table chairs,mini fridge,microwave,toaster,kettle,milk bread cereals and a bowl of fruit on table,yogurts in fridge.Everything we could want.We where able to park in front and only 3 mins from beach.Will definately go again and thoroughly recommend it.Thank you to landlady sorry forgot to sign in visit book.

Room Tip: we were overlooking garden at back no noise.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Was here as working in town for cover for two days and didn't want to track back to Ipswich on the train so found this beauty on booking .com

Checked in easy and had a lovely bed and a lot of room to move about and had breakfast included which was lovely (brownie points on the lidi Orange juice ) the toilet had a shower which was very lovely to use.

The b&b had vacancies when we got there but by the time we went for dinner and down the pier and back around 8.30/9 the b&b was full.

The rooms have towels, shower gel , hand wash ,a fridge , microwave , kettle and toaster :) so if you want to make your own stuff you can.

Thank you, will be using again if and when I'm needed for cover at my work or when I fancy coming down for the night :)

P.s. thanks for the fan

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the Brunton guest house as a last minute get away with my partner!
From the outside the place looks a bit tired and very purple so was a bit dubious when entering!
But the owners Paul and Sofia are so lovely and welcoming and our room was beautiful and very comfortable!
Everything you need is right there within reach! From bread and jam to milk in the cute little fridge in your room!
The whole place is clean and fresh! The only draw back was our room was located underneath the main staircase so was very noisy at times!
The place is a 5 minute walk to the beach and Clacton pier!
Overall great value for money and would highly recommend!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

I booked this guest house for myself my son and the grandchildren. We had a lovely friendly welcome, parking was easy and the whole place was clean and inviting. It is a few minutes walk from the sea front. The room was very well equipped with fruit and cereal milk tea coffee and TV plus an en suite
I would recommend and stay here again

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2015

Lovely friendly welcome to our spotless room. Continental breakfast included fruit juice,cereals, toast, fresh fruit, cheese slices and a vast selection of beverages. A whole loaf of bread and a pint of milk(none of those silly jiggers). You could not ask for more. A microwave is also available in the room.
Double and single bed in our room which had a private toilet and shower with plenty of shower gel available. All spotlessly clean - perfect! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple