“A real gem!”
Review of 2 Eddie's

2 Eddie's
Ranked #11 of 54 Restaurants in Great Dunmow
Description: 2 Eddies is a family friendly laid back restaurant, where people come to eat great food and have a great time.
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

I've been to 2 Eddies twice now and will keep going back. It's the best pizza by far locally, cooked in a proper wood fired pizza oven. They take great pride in the food and the ingredients. The staff are so friendly and helpful. When we popped in for lunch with the children at the weekend they even invited us into the kitchen to watch the pizzas being made and the dough being spun around.

I really hope that more and more people visit 2 Eddies, the food is well priced and delicious!

Reviewed 19 October 2016

We had heard reports that 2 Eddies was worth a visit so we gave it try with some friends, between us we tried the pizza's, lasagne and risotto all were excellent and very authentic! The garlic bread sides were a little dry and strangely 'ungarlicy' which was a shame as overall the food was very tasty with generous portions.
The only other slight downside was the really bright lighting in the restaurant, great for oldies reading the menu but not that relaxing when dining out!

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

I love pizzas and I love Italy and it is actually quite difficult to get a proper Italian pizza in England but 2 Eddies pizzas are FANTASTIC!. The bruschetta is also as good as being in Italy. The bread is all made here in house, fresh and with Italian passion. Even the sausage topping on the 2 Eddies special is made here. That's what they do in Italy which is why they are always fresh and delicious. This is one of my favourite places to go and eat.

1  Thank kurtmoseley
Reviewed 8 October 2016

We were staying at the Saracens head hotel for an overnight stay for stanstead, we didn't fancy eating there, so I looked on trip advisor for something else, I found eddies and thought we'd give it a try, I'm so glad we did, it was a 10 min stroll out of town and the wife looked a bit worried as she didn't know where we were going , as it seemed we were walking out of town especially when we started crossing the bridge, but we carried on,
The food, the service, the price was fantastic, we really enjoyed our meal and could tell it was authentic, the taste and range was very nice, it was my wife's birthday and we were going to Mexico for her the next morning so this was a great start to it, well done and I wish your restaurant great success.

1  Thank seangall68
Reviewed 14 September 2016

As a Dunmow resident of over 16 years I have tried all the options and this is my current favourite. Why? Because Eddy and his staff all try so hard. OK, it looks like an industrial unit from the outside and inside could do with a little softening and sprucing, but again Eddy is working hard to change that. The thing it has got though is what you pay for, the service and the food. I'm surprised at comments that the prices for food are high, as for Dunmow it's definitely the opposite in my opinion, on a like for like comparison.

I would never normally eat pizza, but I'm a convert at Eddy's, as the combinations and flavour are superb. If anything if would be nice to see a few other meat and fish dishes (I’m not a huge pasta fan surprisingly), as at present the only real choices are the combo grills, which, though fantastic, are an absolute feast and simply too much at times. As for drinks pricing, it's no different to most others in the town, but at least they smile when they serve you! Keep up the hard work and I'll definitely continue to visit; I even went for my birthday!