“Fab light delish pizza and friendly service”
Review of 2 Eddie's

2 Eddie's
Ranked #10 of 53 Restaurants in Great Dunmow
Description: 2 Eddies is a family friendly laid back restaurant, where people come to eat great food and have a great time.
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Popped in to 2 Eddies for lunch today, we were short on time but managed to fit in a pizza each off the lunch special at just £4.95. Excellent value for one of the loveliest pizzas I've had in a long time, light dough base, ample toppings and all served up by very friendly service. Wish we could have stayed longer to indulge in a desert. We will be back!

1  Thank MonkeyEscapade
hutch442014, General Manager at 2 Eddie's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

I agree about the lunch menu offer such a good price for what you get, our usual great food.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

2 Eddies, a tidy and clean restaurant with a well representative menu, good service and a great use of an industrial unit. This Italian restaurant is a great stop for lunch when visiting Great Dunmow, whether lunch or something more substantial.
We normally eat light for lunch and on this occasion decided to have a selection of starters for lunch, however we were tempted by the selection of dishes on the menu and chose a 2 Eddie special antipasti platter of Italian meats, cheese and continental salad, with a plate of calamari, piadinas a thin Italian flat folded bread and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc each. Followed by deep fried hazelnut coated ice cream desert and coffee. We both enjoyed our meals and would not hesitate to return when in the area.
Just one small comment that in my opinion would make the atmosphere more pleasurable would be a lower volume on the back ground music.

2  Thank TravelmanEssex

Really kind of you to take the time to review us thank you.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

came here on a recommendation from a friend,what a surprise, a restaurant on an industrial estate? . Don't be put off . Really good food great atmosphere; friendly staff. We will definately eat here again. Try it. Good value

1  Thank Abracadabra36700

Many Thanks for your review.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

I was so excited when I found out when they started doing delivery and boy was I not disappointed!

I am sat her very happy and very full. Authentic Italian pizza - excellent price!

1  Thank intervallo
hutch442014, General Manager at 2 Eddie's, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Thank you so glad you liked your pizza.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

It started about a year ago when 2 Eddie's first opened. It was just a bit of fun, I came a long for just one pizza. The following week I tried another and another! Doing it once a week turned into once a day. I began sneaking out of work to indulge in a 2 Eddie's pizza from a real pizza oven. The soft flavoursome mozzarella with prosciutto and slightly crispy base. Combination supreme. I even started eating pizza in the dark, alone in my flat.

Got the shakes again, see you tonight.

Seriously. I love 2 Eddie's pizza. Best eatery in Dunmow. It's not very often you get to eat pizza of this culinary calibre. You can go to a chain and feel awful after eating flavourless homogeny, or you can come here and have a slice of Italy in a 16th century market town.

2 Eddie's cater well to children and have a can-do attitude for any of your needs and specifications.

Even the chicken salad was amazing. Well seasoned and a slightly healthier alternative. I have seen the establishment go from strength to strength from humble beginnings. The atmosphere is nice with a very welcomed personal, but always professional approach. One particular chef does the rounds, spinning pizza dough in the air at the customer's delight. My better half ordered the mashed potato pizza. Yep. Mashed potato pizza. For dessert we had a fantastic chocolate pizza. Indicative of the broad selection is available. 2 Eddies have always looked after us every time we have visited.

Sometimes a complimentary limoncello or a sneaky tequila may fare its' way to the table. Twisting the arms of designated ones.

I wish all at 2 Eddies every success. Did I hear someone say you just opened a new restaurant with a garden in Saffron Walden... Hmmm ;)

Thank you/Grazie/Shumë falemenderit!

2  Thank Saffire S

Wow what can we say, once again thanks for taking the time to write such a great review x