“Excellent”

20:00
OR
Get food delivered
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Description: We offer a wide variety of items on our menu from fajitas, burritos, wraps, burgers, steaks, pastas, pizzas and salads.
Reviewed September 11, 2021

I don’t normally take the time to review but this restaurant is exceptional. The service was attentive and considerate, the food was piping hot and so delicious and reasonably priced. This is the best Mexican food I’ve ever had, looking forward to returning.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (356)

Reviewed September 8, 2021 via mobile

Good food, great service and a lovely family atmosphere at a weekend lunchtime. Tucked away near-ish to the beach it’s an unexpectedly tasty treat to stumble upon. We will be back.

Reviewed September 6, 2021

A lovely small Mexican restaurant just set back from the main area of Southend. Service was fantastic and staff super friendly. Décor was great and the booths provided privacy for everyone. The menu is varied with Vegan options and all the food we had was tasty and reasonably priced. Would recommend :)

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed August 30, 2021 via mobile

This is a difficult one to review as I think we were just unfortunate on the night we went. I would like to start by saying the food was amazing so please don’t let our experience put you off trying but just be aware of the service.

We arrived and we’re seated in good time, it want to long before someone came to take our order but it was long enough that we wanted to order wine and drink at the same time.

I went for the halloumi and chorizo, he went for nachos. The food came reasonable quickly and was tasty. The problem was our wine still hadn’t been bought to us. I asked the waitress if she could check where our wine was. About half way through eating the waitress who bought our food was no where to be seen so I asked another waitress. I then had to ask again as we we’re finishing our starters and on the 3rd chase and starters consumed it finally arrived.

Our plates however were not taken but at this point we didn’t think to much of it as the waitress may have needed to get other tables drinks/food.

After about 20 minutes I commented that I thought it was odd our dirty plates were still in front of us just as a waitress bought our mains. We then had to shuffle things about moving our own dirty plates whilst she put mains down. Not really what you want to be dealing with.

Back to the food, I went for the beef chimichanga and he had chicken enchilada. Once again we couldn’t fault the food it was delicious.

We had by this point though had enough and just wanted to leave so we asked for the bill. Then we chased the bill. Then wanted to pay by card only to be told the machine wasn’t working and it was cash only. Why or why would you not tell customers on arrival it is cash only payment???? During this pandemic time when it’s not “normal” to carry cash some pre-warning would of made complete sense!!

We were fortunate to have enough cash between us (I’m sure this wouldn’t be the case for everyone).

We have never before left a restaurant without leaving a tip. On this occasion we did.

As tasty as the food was this has left a bad impression for us so we wouldn’t return.

I will reiterate please don’t let our bad experience with the service put you off as the food is lovely, I just hope it was a bad day and it’s not normally like this:

3  Thank loula_blue
Reviewed August 26, 2021

My partner and I, along with our 6 year old, finally managed to get a table, its proved pretty hard over the last couple of months, due to the popularity of the restaurant ! and good luck to them all. I had perused the menu many a time previously, we were not disappointed, our daughter chose from the kids menu, and had a really nice wood baked pizza, my partner and I had a couple of starters, I ordered a garlic bread and cheese pizza bread that was 'well nice' and for mains I went very Mexican with Fajita, and my partner a more Italian slant with Chicken cooked with mushrooms and cream . I'll put my hands up and admit all that food beat me! They even had draught lager (which is a bonus, from the usual luke warm bottle . We really had a nice evening, in great surroundings with really friendly staff, it was like waling into someone home, and that's what I love about a restaurant. We got a table at 5.30 and it was already approx. 50% full!