“The best Italian!!”

Get food delivered
Ranked #23 of 702 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: AN ADVENTURE IN FRESHLY FORAGED PRODUCE WITH RUSTIC FLAVOUR & CHARM 30 Years Of Italian Heritage The Burzotta family set up one of the first authentically run Italian Restaurants in Southend-On-Sea Essex. The recipes of the old country, the fresh ingredients, the simplicity of Italian cooking, all deliciously accompanied with fine wines, representative of the Italian regions, brought to the town centre of Southend, the traditions of Italian heritage & culinary cuisine. As the restaurant grew in popluarity, relatives came to visit, with some remaining. Il Pescatore restaurant's lifespan now reaches close to 30 years of trading, it can proudly profess to be the original and one of the longest running family establishments in the town.
Reviewed December 3, 2020 via mobile

The best Italian food in Southend by a mile!! The sea food pizza was amazing!!! My partner opted for the tagliatelle scogliera which was delicious!!!! The sicilian cannolo was to die for. Good service and the atmosphere a very relaxed afternoon we will defenetley come back!!!

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank 267mirellam
Write a reviewReviews (1,278)

Reviewed November 7, 2020

If it was possible to give this restaurant 0 stars, I would. Ordered from Deliveroo for a nice dinner for two. I ordered one of the vegan options which had artichokes, rocket salad, peppers and olive oil.

When the food arrived, I noticed the pizza was totally not what I had ordered and instead it had mushrooms, peppers and olives on it and NO artichokes or rocket salad. I hate both mushrooms and olives.

I phoned the restaurant and politely explained the situation to which I was rudely interrupted and spoken over by the man on the phone. He tried to convince me that I had indeed received what I had ordered. The pizza was falsely advertised but he offered no sort of compensation and showed absolutely no sympathy. Hugely disgusted at the customer service. He told me to sort it out with Deliveroo and that it wasn't his problem and even raised his voice at me and then I passed the phone to my friend who may have been able to sort something out. My friend calmly and politely explained the situation. The man then proceeded to get very defensive and abruptly hung up on him.

Considering the extortionate price of the food, you'd hope to get better service. Terrible restaurant, terrible staff. Would not recommend to anyone, ESPECIALLY those with dietary requirements.

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank lailakay2000
Ilpescatoreitalian, General Manager at Il Pescatore Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2020

Hi, you fail to mention that you received a complete refund aswel as having the pizza? The only rude person was you.After haveing spoken to your daughter...husband...mum and yourself for 30 min on 1 one of the busiest nights of the year Im sorry to say there wasn't alot more we could do? Extorcionate? 11 95 for fresh baked pizza? Yes please dont come back or order from us in the future!!! Merry Christmas!!

Reviewed October 28, 2020 via mobile

We visited Il Pescatore and wasn't disappointed. Food, service, welcome and exit were all on point. Staff were polite and respectful with the current climate and happy to help with any questions. Food is authentic and was delicious, we will definitely be going back for more. 5*!

1  Thank Lee W
Reviewed October 26, 2020

Wanted somewhere that catered for vegans and we were not disappointed with the choices available. The atmosphere was very cosy for a Monday afternoon and felt and tasted like a piece of Italy. All food was well cooked and presented and we enjoyed our lunch (can’t comment on meat dishes as all vegan or vegetarian in our party).I would recommend and return.

2  Thank thesunisforfun
Reviewed October 25, 2020 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday night and how refreshing it was to visit somewhere with a bit of an atmosphere and a bit of life despite the current Covid restrictions. My scallops and pizza were excellent and the wine of the month didn’t disappoint. If there was one thing that could have been slightly better it was the tiramisu but that was my only reservation. Would I go back again? Without a doubt - yes as the meal was excellent and the staff very friendly and welcoming. Thank you Il Pescatore for a wonderful evening.

1  Thank Adrianofwarwick