“Best restaurant in the area. Amazing home cooked Greek food!”
Review of Syrtaki Restaurant

OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #22 of 702 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Price range: US$17 - US$69
Description: Our family-run restaurant offers you the food and warmth of Greece. You can enjoy mouth watering, healthy and wholesome Greek meals, which have been prepared with love and using only the finest and freshest ingredients. Whether you are a meat lover, vegetarian or you just want the classic Greek homemade dishes, rest assured you will find the best of them here.
Reviewed August 9, 2020 via mobile

This is such a wonderful restaurant to visit. It’s almost like being in Greece or Cyprus. You can just tell that all the food is cooked to perfection because they are using recipes that were developed by their own family and brought here to sunny Southend!

We did I visit during one of the days where the government initiative was operative, but there must have been 100 people in the restaurant. They had to open upstairs it was so popular. Which I think is a testimony to how many people love this place.

Okay, so this is not the first time I have reviewed this restaurant. But it’s such a wonderful place to eat but I have to give it five stars again! Previously, we went for the Meze, only reason why didn’t this time is because it is a substantial amount of food. If you’re hungry I do recommend it....

What I did order was my favourite part of that menu. We started with some mixed dips and pitta but opted for the outstanding prawns with feta and tomato sauce, and also the tradition all pork meatballs.

For mains we ordered a Kleftiko, which I have to say is man-food heaven. The slow cooked lamb shoulder fell off the bone but the favour was packed full of loving taste. The show stopper has to be the grilled octopus though. OMG it’s bloody amazing. How they get it cooked so perfectly is beating me. A crispy charred skin but soft and not chewy at all. It’s worth heading there just to have that dish....

The service was little slower this time, but considering how busy it was, how amazingly friendly the service was as it always is (the brothers and sisters are the waiters) and how outstanding the food was, you know what, I just didn’t care.

This for me is the best restaurant in Westcliff.

Date of visit: August 2020
Write a reviewReviews (241)

Reviewed August 8, 2020

Absolutely stunning, would recommend to to all. Friendly staff and excellent food. Will definitely be back again. Food the best Greek food I have ever tasted.

Reviewed August 7, 2020

Lovely staff, amazing food, and plenty of space between tables. Really enjoyed going for dinner here

2  Thank 27jessica
Reviewed August 7, 2020

My partner's family is Greek so our standards are pretty high but Syrtaki delivered! We had Gyros (our fave!) which was delicious. The Tzatziki was great - we ordered extra. The Galaktoboureko (my favourite dessert) was nice but not like my partner's Papou's - theirs was a bit more floral in taste but that is more preference than this not being good. If you're looking for delicious authentic Greek food - this is the place. We'll be sending our Papou to try next :) Excellent value for money!

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed March 18, 2020

Went there with my fiancé. Food was great and service very friendly and very greek. I have nothing but good to say, especially that even coffee at the end didn’t fail. There’s always something that slightly ruins the experience, however in this case it was all perfect.

Date of visit: March 2020