“Fab fab fab”

Ocean Beach
Ranked #91 of 746 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ocean Beach provides a unique family restaurant offering great food and a wonderful atmosphere for you and your children. Our fully licensed venue provides a relaxed atmosphere where you can sit back and enjoy your day on our terrace whilst you watch your children play happily on the beach.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Lovely service and amazing food... had tapas, generous portions and very tasty!! A great find... highly recommend.. staff are lovely and friendly and very helpful .

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Finally this place is open again in the evening to sit beside the sea having drinks and dinner. This time we sat inside as it’s still a bit cold and not very nice at the moment

Reviewed March 30, 2018

I visited here with my partner for lunch today after hearing good things from friends. There isn't any instruction as to seat yourself or anything so you stand awkwardly amongst everyone rushing about in the bar area. Seated fairly quickly by staff who lacked any kind of interest or friendliness. The prices were ok.

The lack of upselling or even enthusiasm from our waiter I found to be quite poor. As a waitress myself I couldn't help but feel extremely let down by this lack of effort. The food arrived after 25 minutes or so, we were not asked if we wanted any more drinks or checked on during the meal. The food itself was nothing special but good, my partner's burger was near cold but as we weren't checked on this couldn't be amended.

Dessert wasn't offered to us so we got the bill. When taking the payment (and a somewhat unearned tip) our waiter was still disinterested and didn't say thank you. Can see the appeal to come for drinks but I will not be returning.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

I cannot rate the sit down menu or waitress service as this was a private function but wanted to still review as the food they served up was fabulous. The staff were really good and helpful, this inspires me with confidence on this being a great place to eat. We will return soon as a family and I will do further reviews.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

I would recommend this restaurant/bar 100%, the food is great and so are the staff. I eat/drink here at least a couple of times a week. The views are stunning especially when the tide is in and the sun is out but it gets busy so it’s probably better to book if you’re eating in the restaurant!