“What a great find”

Get food delivered
Ranked #32 of 702 Restaurants in Southend-on-Sea
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are Southend on sea's newest & biggest American diner come down and try some of our classic American dishes & desserts Last food orders are, Monday-Thursday 9PM Friday-Saturday 10PM Sunday 9PM *Like Grumpys Facebook page and stay updated with all out latest offers and events*
Reviewed August 10, 2021 via mobile

After deciding on an American meal for our visit to Southend on Sea we saw Grumpy's on TripAdvisor and we are so glad we came. From the moment we stepped through the door the service from both Claire and Beau was absolutely fantastic, you can tell it's a family run restaurant due to the fact they are so fantastic with there service and making you feel so welcome. Connie and I decided on the burger with Sweet Potato fries for a reasonable £1 upgrade and we were not disappointed. The burger is flavoursome and a genuine hand pressed patty that is one of the nicest we have had for some time, not some highly processed piece of leather or tasteless cardboard. For dessert we really wanted some American style pancakes and Claire was happy to oblige and and served us some lovely fluffy pancakes. Truly a wonderful place to visit with great service and staff. Thankyou Claire and Beau for making us feel so welcome and we really appreciated your great hosting as you were both so attentive and helpful.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (511)

Reviewed August 8, 2021

We visited for breakfast and the food was excellent. Service from Beau and Steph was friendly and efficient. Would recommend.

Reviewed August 6, 2021

This is my mums second birthday(04/08/21) without my dad so its a great buy sad occasion.
I booked the table for 3 of us which included my son so 3 generations. There was something for everyone to eat & it was delicious. I really recommend the salmon. My son had one of their special milkshakes which looked amazing. When we mentioned it was my mums birthday they decorated the table. Nothing was too much trouble .The service was excellent. My dad would have loved it as the music that was playing was jive music & they used to dance it so well together. My mum was even laughing in the car on the way home which was lovely to hear. Thank you Grumpy's we will be back soon & i am recommending to everyone

Reviewed August 1, 2021

Delicious food, friendly and attentive staff and décor like no other. Highly recommend visiting this hidden gem.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed July 24, 2021 via mobile

Always fab service .. super busy asked us if could wait 30 mins and also enquired about our puppy we advised at home as the tables weren’t set outside they set a table especially for us so we could come back with the dogs .. Charlotte our waitress was lovely as always .. many thanks for another fab meal xx

Date of visit: July 2021