“Excellent food and service”
Review of Barru

Barru
Reserve a table
Sat., 10-23
20:00
OR
Get food delivered
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Description: A stylish modern bar and restaurant serving Authentic Turkish food in very cost and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed September 16, 2019

Been here several times and quality of food is consistently excellent. Friendly and efficient service. Hummus and falafels are particular favourites.

Date of visit: September 2019
RAJEEV A, Manager at Barru, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

Dear Valued customer,
Thank you for giving us a chance to serve you We really appreciate your opinion and review. We look forward to serving you again.
Team Barru

Write a reviewReviews (408)

Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

I had a lovely three course meal at Barru. With Falafel as main course, it was the first time I had Falafel and it was amazing! I had icecream for desert which was lovely and a strong coffee to finished. Excellent restaurant and very well priced, highly recommended.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank 491brettm
RAJEEV A, Manager at Barru, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2019

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

Fabulous venue location staff and food
I had the white bait starter followed by chicken shish cooked to perfection

My wife had charcoal sea bream

Plus the live music was amazing singer Saxophonist Anita Carmichael & Jacob Tanousis on keyboards

A memorable night !!

Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed a lovely couples dinner before Romesh show. Very friendly and attentive staff, food was gorgeous. We will definitely be returning.

Date of visit: September 2019
RAJEEV A, Manager at Barru, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2019

Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I were attending a show at the cliffs pavilion theatre and randomly picked Barru to eat in before the show. The restaurant was easily the cleanest looking shop on the street. As we stepped inside we were greeted by the owner (I'm sorry I've forgotten your name). The menu had plenty of food options and drinks were promptly brought to the table along with deliciously warm Turkish bread! We ordered humus as a starter and the manager suggested we try the humus Kavurma (humus with pieces of fried lamb inside)...it was delicious! The main course was even better. My husband ordered a mixed grill which was cooked to perfection and I went for the Incik (Kleftico) which is a braised lamb shank in a gravy of tomato, potato, carrot & onion. My usual go-to meal in a Turkish restaurant is always the chicken shush but thanks to the lovely manager I stepped out of my comfort zone and I was not disappointed. The lamb shank was amazing....the meat fell off the bone and tasted incredible. We skipped dessert only because we had a show to watch but I'm sure they'd be out of this world!
The manager was very attentive and even gave us 20% off the meal as we were attending a show at the cliffs pavilion. We've asked (begged) him to open another branch in London soon.
Thanks for a fantastic evening....we'll be back with the kids next time!
Sue & James

Date of visit: September 2019
RAJEEV A, Manager at Barru, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Dear Valued customer,
Thank you for giving us a chance to serve you We really appreciate your opinion and review. We look forward to serving you again along with your kids.