“Best Thai by far”

20:00
OR
Get food delivered
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Description: SoPa Thai : Fresh Ingredients, Authentic Thai with a Twist. It is a new Thai Restaurant and Thai Food Market. It has recently changed ownership from 20th April 2018. The new owner is Nat SoPa who has a background in Hospitality Management from Melbourne Australia and has worked in the hotel and restaurant industry for a number of years. Her last job was a business management lecturer both in Thailand and the UK. SoPa Thai is a combination of a relaxing place to eat, a friendly atmosphere to shop for Thai fresh Produces and a good place to hangout for drinks. We have Fresh Produce from Thailand to our restaurant once a week. We use these fresh ingredients for both cooking and selling to the public. Come to try our food and experience Thailand in one place at SoPa Thai.
Reviewed November 22, 2020 via mobile

I am a big fan of SopaThai and can't thank Sopa and her team enough for all their efforts to produce such wonderful Thai food. The new duck and mango salad is sooooooo nice. All the curries are amazing my personal favourites are the prawn Green curry and the Masaman lamb. I can't wait to go back to the restaurant for the chilli squid and the tasty chicken wings.

You guys are doing a great job and we are lucky to have you so please don't get down with the odd negative review. Things can and do go wrong and it is how you handle them that should count and I know you always but your customers first.

Come on people support SopaThai and take the time to give them the positive reviews their food deserves

1  Thank cantona07
Write a reviewReviews (343)

Reviewed November 22, 2020

I have eaten quite a few times at Sopa Thai and the food is truly amazing. Beautifully cooked, well balanced, delicate flavours. I cannot fault them, and the staff are so friendly and helpful. I wholeheartedly recommend Sopa Thai, the best Thai restaurant in Southend. Delicious.

1  Thank JohnB6854
Nat_SoPa, Owner at SoPa Thai, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2020

Hi John. I don't normally reply to positive reviews as I don't really get the time. However having to transform to a takeaway only business gives me less opportunities to thank my regular supportive customers. The timing of your review could not have been better as I was feeling a little low after a one star review today. Thankyou for taking the time it is much appreciated.

I know everyone is busy but if you can spare a few moments to let my team and I know that our hard work is producing food that you love please leave a positive review as it gives us all a boast.

Thanks Sopa

Reviewed November 21, 2020

There was no menu at the shop. Ordering online was a nightmare. You still didn't get to see the menu, until you put all your details in. Very limited menu. Then, somehow they already had my card details, so I clicked pay and order went through :/ Delivery was scheduled within 70 minutes. It took 105 minutes, after I chased them up. The food was appalling! Never had such bad Thai in my life! Fish popcorn tasted like pongy feet. Had to spit it out. Noodless looked like a grey wormpit and tasted of nothing. Panang curry, also grey and tasteless, but the chicken was ok. Salt and pepper squid had been standing waiting for some time. Expensive! And it all went into the bin! Who's cooking? Matt Hancock?

Date of visit: November 2020

Hello Moleen I am so sorry you had a poor experience. I know the frustration of a takeaway being late as my family and I have experienced this also. I note that this is your first review on TripAdvisor so you probably didn't read my previous replies to customers when we haven't got it right. If you are not happy with our food contact us and we will sort it.

I can accept when there are delays the food changes in taste and texture especially fried food. However all our dishes are freshly cooked with quality ingredients.

You ordered plain noodles which are an accompaniment to a curry dish so I think your complaint that the dish lacked flavours is a little harsh. I would also defend the flavours of our curries, we do not over use commercial curry pastes but use fresh herbs and spices to produce lighter healthier subtle flavours.

Please do contact me as my team and I would love another opportunity to show you why we have so many excellent reviews sopathai330@gmail.com
Phone 01702 342968

Reviewed November 14, 2020 via mobile

Usually food is amazing when you are eating in the restaurant. However home delivery is quite poor. Today was the worst experience. We ordered food 6pm and the latest delivery time was 7:30pm. After trying to call numerous times with no response, we received food @9pm.
Food was cold, greasy and bland.
I would also advise to change containers for soup as whole bag was leaking.

5  Thank 667vaidaj

Hi. Thankyou for your positive feedback on our food. I am sorry there was a delay in your delivery and we had an issue with our packaging. As you can appreciate delivery service demand is extremely high on a Friday and Saturday night during lockdown and we are working externally hard to keep everyone happy. We have plans to change our packaging to eco friendly materials and will be testing this over the next few months.

I believe I have been in contact with you to agree compensation for your less than satisfactory experience. We appreciate all our customers and thankyou for your support and understanding.

Thanks Sopa

Reviewed October 16, 2020

I have eaten in here a few times and today was my first take away experiance. This is by far the best Thai I have been to in the UK. If you have been to Thailand and liked the food then this is where you need to go. The veges crispy and fresh the meat cooked to perfection and the sauces and flavours are to die for.

There are a few Thais that deliver closer to me but I really fancied their food so drove the 9/10 miles to collect and it was 100% worth it in fact i doubt my wife and I will ever order delivery for any of the others again.

Date of visit: October 2020