“so good I went back the next evening!!”
Review of Il Mondo Southend

Il Mondo Southend
Price range: US$6 - US$41
Description: Welcome to the home of Italian cuisine where you can enjoy authentic food and a traditional dining experience! Our fantastic team has an impeccable culinary and customer care ethos placing great emphasis on preserving Italian hospitality. Our chefs have developed a diverse A La Carte menu which encompasses dishes from different regions of Italy. You can also avail Our value for money Set Menu where quality isn’t compromised or alternatively choose from a wide selection of dishes from Our Specials Board on the day. Whether you have a food allergy or intolerance our restaurant will do our utmost best to accommodate or provide an alternative. Our restaurant is the perfect place to have a romantic meal or host a special occasion among others. We will go at great lengths to ensure your experience at our restaurant is unique and this is why we feel confident you will have an enjoyable meal. We look forward welcoming you
Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

I spent a few days in Westcliff and was looking for somewhere to eat. The restaurant was spacious and pristine, the staff were welcoming the first time and when I returned the following day the staff greeted me like an old friend! The food was delicious both nights. I had a three course meal and a soft drink for just over £20.The pumpkin pasta I had the first evening was absolutely delicious! I had the same desert both evening, panna cotta ,it was lovely . Everything I ate was presented beautifully and tasted gorgeous. I will definitely return the next time I am in the area.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank juliareilly2016
Write a reviewReviews (92)

Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

Visit Tuesday evening,it was 5 of us.This is my fourth visit to this great restaurant sense they first opened nearly a year ago,and each and every time I been dining here they always delivered the best fresh and tasty food ever,and the service is the best by far! It was my partner’s birthday and they went an extra mile and brought a fresh homemade panna cotta ( on the house) with a candle on it and they all sang happy birthday to her! Plus on top of that they gave all of us a complimentary drink.
We had a great evening thanks to Il Mondo the owners and the staff!
We definitely will be returning soon !
And to whoever hasn’t try this restaurant yet, I recommend 100% to give it a go ad you will never be disappointed!
Steve and family

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 5, 2020

Excellent food at a very reasonable price. All six diners were very complementary about the friendly staff and the speed of service. We were having a pre-show meal and managed to enjoy three courses which were all delicious. We even had time to enjoy a complimentary drink served to us with the bill. A very pleasant experience and we will definitely go there again. Great value for money!!!

Reviewed December 30, 2019

We ate here on Saturday evening. The service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. We shared a whitebait starter which was plenty for the two of us. My wife had the crab spaghetti whilst I opted for the chicken from the specials washed down with a pleasant bottle of rose wine. We finished with semi fredo and a delicious slice of orange cheesecake. The food was delicious but the portions were arguably too generous - the I simply couldn't manage all the vegetables that came with the chicken. All in all a very good meal and I expect we shall return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

Friendly and welcoming staff with exceptional service. The lobster ravioli is delicious and a very filling portion. Home made deserts and a great specials board. Will definitely be back!