“Great service, excellent food, great night”

Piccolo Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We started as a group of 8, and ended up as a group of 15. We rang a couple of times to add more people to our booking. No problem. More tables added without a question or any issues. We were looked after straight away with plenty of garlic bread, bread and oil and bruschetta on the table, along with the drinks order, which came in a flash. We had enough time to look at the menu and to ask questions before ordering. All the time we had someone coming to check on us. When the food arrived it was delicious. Dessert was great for those that could eat it after the more than ample main courses, and then there were Limoncello shots all round before we said a warm goodbye. We all had a fantastic evening and will be going back again really soon. Couldn't have been made more welcome.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Give Piccolo a go. The first time I visited, the restaurant was packed, fortunately somebody phoned and cancelled their reservation as I was asking if they had any tables available, so we were seated straight away. Second time, I made reservations, as I didn't want to wait and I'm very happy I did, as again the restaurant was packed!
My first visit pasta was so good, I ordered the same main again, unfortunately the chef didn't do as good a job, as this pasta was not as hot and more chewy. But still ok. I will try again, but if the pasta gets worse again, then it might well be my last visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We visited here after a recommendation from a friend. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The food was delicious and arrived quickly. Such a cosy restaurant with a reasonable view of the front. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Went for an early evening meal and we were warmly welcomed. Food arrived quickly and was very tasty and well cooked. Chose this place over its two neighbours on looks but would go back here based on quality.

1  Thank Ian T
Reviewed 14 August 2016

We were a group of 15, slightly less numbers than originally expected. The proprietor painlessly amended our seating to one long table instead of two. Complimentary garlic bread was a nice touch whilst we per used the menu. Starters and mains were wonderful and delivered without too much delay considering the size of our group. Bit disappointed that we were asked to move away from the table for another booking at the end of our meal. The liqueur coffee was disappointing- incredibly sweet!