“Not Your Normal Indian Food, Something A Bit Different !”
Review of Redchillizes

Redchillizes
Price range: US$6 - US$36
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: WELCOME TO Redchilliezs .The perfect place for a real Indian dine out. We are bringing specialized in the traditional south Indian food. The southern part of India (Kerala)is famous for spices such as Cardamom, pepper, cinnamon,cloves and nutmeg etc. South Indian food is mainly rice which people love to have with combination of sambar and curries. At Redchilliezs we cook all the food after your order and our dishes are spiced to your specification.For me and further information visit web site.
Reviewed January 24, 2020

Visited on a Monday night in January and the restaurant was reasonably quiet.
We were greeted warmly by who I presume was the owner/Manager of the establishment.
He seated us, gave us our menus and took our drinks order without delay.
The menu is not your standard Indian fayre, the dishes are of South Indian heritage and sounded really appetizing.
We were unsure on what to have and in what quantity to order so we were recommended dishes to try depending upon our preferences for spicing and for the ingredient (meant, fish etc).
We was recommended to try the Street Food Duck Curry, the whole Seabass special which was stuffed with prawns and a spicy sauce, a paratha bread to share and coconut spinach.
The waiter assured us this would be enough food but if we wanted more we could order it as we went along.
When the food arrived, the quantity was just right as we shared all the dishes & we were grateful for the recommendations.
The waiter/Owner/manager was very helpful and friendly and seemed to really care how we was enjoying our food and evening.
We finished sharing a dessert of banana in a rum caramel sauce with ice cream which was very nice also.
I would 100% return here if I was ever in the area again.

1  Thank HappyHammer10
Write a reviewReviews (405)

Reviewed January 23, 2020

It was quite empty when we went, but the waiter could not have been more helpful. The food was delicious mostly Keralan curries and homemade touches like all the chutneys were home made rather than out of a jar. The only thing which was a tiny negative was the fact that we waited ages for our main courses considering the restaurant wasn't busy. This wasn't a problem for us, but if you were off to see a show at the Palace Theatre it might have been.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

Just home from Sunday lunch with 5 new friends. The restaurant will know who I am as we were the only ones there. The organiser having been recommended to this place enjoyed his meal as did some others but my main course was rank!
The service was good and very polite. I ordered the doughnuts, nice and light fluffy and tasty. Optimistic now I thought I would try a new way offered here of My favourite The chicken biriani........disappointed as it was disgusting, it consisted of plain rice in a bowl topped with 2 chicken thighs on the bone then covered with more rice. A separate tiny bowl of veg (a tiny piece of carrot) sauce.
The chicken had that horrible old taste when it’s been reheated dry and it wasn’t very warm so the actual bone was cold. I didn’t realise this until I have eaten one piece as we were chatting. I couldn’t eat the second piece so I complained and asked for more sauce so I could eat the rice. I am feeling a bit sick now so I will let you know if this evolves into feeling worse. I was charged full price with no apologies so a negative review is my tip for this restaurant. Needless to say I won’t go back.

Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

Redchilliezs
This restaurant because of the high score in Trip Advisor. We waited half an hour for our order to be taken and then sat there for an hour and a half waiting for our food. At that point we had had enough and went to the counter to say we would wait no longer and at that point they could not even say it was just coming and offered no apology. Nobody seemed in control of interested or concerned . What a waste of our Saturday evening

Reviewed January 11, 2020

We'd read reviews on trip advisor about this restaurant, which were pretty much all positive. This really is a very different type of Indian restaurant, which offers more interesting, authentic and flavoursome food than the average typical Indian. They serve Northern Indian cuisine, which packs far more flavour and has a delicious after-taste. It was incredibly busy for a Saturday night immediately after Christmas, which says a lot for this restaurant, which must have many dedicated followers. We both enjoyed a lovely starter: mine a very tasty tuna fishcake which packed a mild spicy punch. My other half had minced beef patties. Both excellent. We'd both chosen a Lamb main course- the Lamb potato curry and the Travancore lamb curry cooked with coconut. Wow! Both were absolutely delicious and a real change to the typical Lamb dishes you'd find in an average Indian. Excellent value for money. Superb food. What's not to like? We will certainly be back VERY soon. It's a real find and a complete gem. GO!!

2  Thank marlboroughboys