“Enjoyable evening, good food”
Review of Padrino

Padrino
Price range: US$3 - US$53
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Padrino is a fully licensed traditional Italian restaurant boasting a picturesque view of the Seafront within short walking distance from the Cliffs Pavilion. We pride ourselves for being an independent establishment with a combined experience in Italian cuisine of over 25 years. In keeping with the Italian tradition we provide a diverse range of cooking styles with much of the ingredients sourced locally. We provide competitively priced a la carte menu, reasonably priced wine list and our weekdays famous Two Course Set Menu for just £9.95 without compromising on quality. No service charge on all our dishes so you pay for what you eat. The Restaurant's seating plans make it the ideal place to enjoy a romantic evening, family party, private hire, wedding event or the ocassion of your choice. We look forward to welcoming you
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Convivial atmosphere, larger than expected, although mid week almost full in this pre Christmas period. Several groups and understandably noisy hen parties! Bruschetta, pasta, steak etc. all good. Efficient and pleasant waiting staff. Will return,

Reviewed February 14, 2018

Unfortunately we weren't organised enough to book a table anywhere for valentine's day pre theatre dinner but walked into Padrino on a stormy night desperate to get into the dry out of the elements and were lucky enough to be accommodated but were told we had only 1 and a half hours before they needed the table which was fine as we were going to the theatre. The staff were very on the ball despite how busy the restaurant was. Our food and drinks arrived very quickly and was delicious. 2nd time we have eaten here and it never disappoints and reasonably priced too. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed February 13, 2018

Visited with a large (20+) party of friends. We were welcomed very warmly and shown to our two large tables. Due to the size of the party, we had ordered in advance but the service couldn't be faulted and all the food was delicious. In particular, my panna cotta looked as wonderful as tasted.

Reviewed February 11, 2018

I’ve now been to Padrino twice now and had to write a review. I’ve been in the evening with my mum (who is pretty expert in Italian food as its her favourite anywhere in the world!) and recently with my partner on an impromptu lunch visit.

Both times we were greeted really warmly and settle quickly with drinks coming as quickly as possible. Always a good sign of service, for me, get the customer settled and drinking and taking their time with the menus.

The food is excellent - for the first time in ages, I had food envy when my boyfriend’s lasagne arrived and that’s not something I would ever think of ordering because it seems so ‘ordinary’. I can assure you that there was nothing ordinary about this lasagne! Absolutely gorgeous.

The specials board was about the length of a standard menu each time and the choices were very inventive. The latest time I visited, we just had the garlic bread with cheese (best I’ve ever had) and a main each. Stunning lasagne for himself and Lobster Ravioli for me. Divine.

This restaurant is in a rather odd row of three other Italian restaurants and I wouldn’t even consider trying the others if I want Italian food near to home (5 min walk).

Can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed February 10, 2018

Always met by the owner like old friends, the food is always delightful and the service is excellent