“Midweek meal for two”

Price range: US$3 - US$55
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Padrino is a fully licensed traditional Italian restaurant boasting a picturesque view of the Seafront within short walking distance from the Cliffs Pavilion. We pride ourselves for being an independent establishment with a combined experience in Italian cuisine of over 25 years. In keeping with the Italian tradition we provide a diverse range of cooking styles with much of the ingredients sourced locally. We provide competitively priced a la carte menu, reasonably priced wine list and our weekdays famous Two Course Set Menu for just £9.95 without compromising on quality. No service charge on all our dishes so you pay for what you eat. The Restaurant's seating plans make it the ideal place to enjoy a romantic evening, family party, private hire, wedding event or the ocassion of your choice. We look forward to welcoming you
Reviewed October 31, 2019

Visited Padrino's last Wednesday evening for a midweek evening meal. We had two a two course meal for £9.95 each which was good value for money. I had Minestrone Soup to start with a main course of Chicken in mushroom sauce with three different vegetables. I am not absolutely fond of mushrooms but I must say the sauce was fantastic along with everything else. My wife had Whitebait to start with Lasagna for her main. We both agreed it was real value for money and finished it all of with a large glass of wine which was also very nice. I would recommend Padrino's for the value for money meals we had plus excellent friendly service.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (810)

Reviewed October 29, 2019

Booked table for 5 pm, for a pre theatre meal. Restaurant staff were polite and friendly, service was quick. Had a delicious sea bass main course followed by the best panna cotta. Restaurant toilets were very clean. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 29, 2019

It’s rare for 2 people to have a meal and not be able to find a single thing to fault between 7 different plates of food. This was my first visit to padrinos and it won’t be my last. I was in the area for a show at the cliffs and wanted to treat my mum to a nice birthday meal. I reviewed the best places to eat nearby and I can now see why padrinos was top of that list. From the greeting to the bill everything was spot on. Food was fresh and amazing value for money. Portion sizes were perfect and seasoned to perfection. For a Monday night it was packed and I witnessed at least 30 people turned away. This speaks volumes for the quality and desire to eat here. Thank you to all the team for a memorable first experience and I will return with my wife as she is now wanting to sample the food for herself. Keep up the great work.

Reviewed October 27, 2019

Ignore the bad reviews. They are very annoying. The food is fabulous, the staff are great, the atmosphere lovely. They are always booked up to the eyeballs, so even though there are loads of empty tables, they are all genuinely reserved. We dine early and see many turned away if they are not booked, so how can a one star be allowed from people who did not even eat there? No other restaurant compares to Padrinos; just read the good reviews :-)

Reviewed October 26, 2019

We booked this restaurant at quite short notice. We originally booked for 2 but at the last min had to bring out 3 boys with us. The lady on the phone was always polite and thankfully could accomade us. We arrived early and were welcomed at the bar with a drink. We were brought to our table quickly. The staff were so attentive and quick. We ordered our food and within a short space of time our food had arrived. It was delicious!! Really lovely, freshly cooked food. We cleared our plates! We found this restaurant to be very reasonable, child friendly,a great atmosphere,brilliant staff and delicious freshly cooked food.