“Pre theatre dinner”

Price range: US$3 - US$55
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Padrino is a fully licensed traditional Italian restaurant boasting a picturesque view of the Seafront within short walking distance from the Cliffs Pavilion. We pride ourselves for being an independent establishment with a combined experience in Italian cuisine of over 25 years. In keeping with the Italian tradition we provide a diverse range of cooking styles with much of the ingredients sourced locally. We provide competitively priced a la carte menu, reasonably priced wine list and our weekdays famous Two Course Set Menu for just £9.95 without compromising on quality. No service charge on all our dishes so you pay for what you eat. The Restaurant's seating plans make it the ideal place to enjoy a romantic evening, family party, private hire, wedding event or the ocassion of your choice. We look forward to welcoming you
Reviewed February 15, 2020 via mobile

My husband and I ate with friends here last Saturday before going to a show. The restaurant had a warm and inviting atmosphere and we were quickly seated and served. I fancied the chicken in creamy mushroom sauce which was actually on the set lunchtime menu but they very kindly made it for me as an a la carte dish, it was absolutely delicious and the vegetables were al dente which is just how I like them. My other companions enjoyed their mains of pizza, cannelloni and tagliatelle. My friend and I had desert, she said her profiteroles were the best she had ever eaten and I enjoyed my chocolate fondant. The savignon blanc and Rose were very good as was the coffee which came with a charming mini biscotti. So lovely that you get given chocolate mints when you ask for the bill, not many establishments do this now. We were also treated to a complimentary limoncello which rounded our meal off beautifully. Waiting staff were very friendly and attentive and nothing was too much trouble. Will definitely come again when we have another trip to the theatre planned and will also try the lunchtime set menu when catching up with girlfriends. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: February 2020
Write a reviewReviews (810)

Reviewed February 14, 2020 via mobile

Beautiful food and lovely staff. The risotto was the best we have ever had outside of Italy! We will definitely be coming back.

1  Thank suzannew329
Reviewed February 10, 2020

Hard to beat, our choices this time were Pumpkin Ravioli, Sea Bream and Gamberoni Piccante, Rack of Lamb, molto buona!!. A great friendly atmosphere is provided by Stefano and his team.

Reviewed February 10, 2020 via mobile

Visited with family before a show at The Cliffs. The restaurant was filled to capacity, a lovely warm vibrant atmosphere.
We were attended to very quickly and our attention directed to the specials board. WOW! Do not miss out on the specials!
So a combination of food and drink were ordered including pork T-bone, Dover Sole, Salmon, Wild Boar Ravioli and lots of drinks.
I can only say everything was perfect. The highlight for me was the Panna cotta.
Try it. It's the law.
It's our intention to return, not as something to fill our bellies before a show but to enjoy spectacular food in a great setting with brilliant friendly service. Faultless.

Reviewed February 7, 2020 via mobile

Visited padrinos last night and after hearing so many friends compliments of this place I wasn't disappointed. The service was really good and professional.everyone that works there u can tell has a passion for their work.the food from starters main course to desserts was delicious.all of us thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. I cant wait to go back there! Well done and thank you to all the staff that made the evening so enjoyable!

1  Thank chrisl9433