“Fantastic place”

Oliver's On The Beach
Reviewed August 18, 2021

Came for lunch 2 adults and 2 kids . Had a 10 minute wait for a table but it was worth it . Extensive menu & specials . The tiger prawn linguine was a good size and tasted as good as it looked . Kids had penne pasta and sausage & chips . Pasta was a good size portion and quickly consumed. Good quality sausage and the chips are out of this world . I had a sandwich with a side of chips & garlic Mayo . The best chips I have eaten in years !
Good service, very friendly - well worth a 5 star rating .

1  Thank Teresa G
Write a reviewReviews (576)

Reviewed August 13, 2021 via mobile

Came here as we were looking for somewhere for lunch outside of the main Southend stretch. Comes highly recommended on TripAdvisor and very pleased to say it didn’t disappoint.

I don’t give 5* too easily, but lovely location, very friendly staff and the food was excellent. The kids had sausage and chips whilst we had the club sandwich, the fish finger sandwich and shared a side of chips and aoli. The menu was extensive for such a small kitchen and I could have quite easily had anything from the standard menu or the specials on the blackboard. I would be coming back again and again if it wasn’t for the fact we’re not from the area!

(All this despite a 40 minute wait, which was worth it - all communicated well by the staff, although the wait time was initially optimistic)

Reviewed August 11, 2021 via mobile

My son and I visited Oliver’s for breakfast the other day, staff were very friendly although we waited a while before anyone asked us what we would like to drink. Once we had looked at the menu, which is very extensive my son and I both chose the “full English” which comes with fried or poached eggs, my son asked if he could change the eggs to scrambled…to be told we can’t make any substitutions, if you want scrambled egg you would need to order scrambled egg with toast and add the other items you want as “side orders”. Really….! When the food arrived it was very nice, but by son didn’t eat the eggs, would I go back? Probably, but I wouldn’t rush back,

1  Thank pauger9430
Reviewed August 10, 2021

Discovered Oliver’s on the beach yesterday when visiting Southend with my family. We had our 9 month old Grandson with us. We were lucky that a table inside was becoming available although there was seating outside as well. The staff were so accommodating and could do enough for us. The menu was intense and lots to choose from including Gluten Free options for my Daughter-in-Law. The food was delicious. We will definitely go there again if we are in Southend.

Reviewed August 10, 2021 via mobile

A hidden gem, right on the beech, very deceptive from the outside. We all had a great lunch, significantly better then the restaurants right by the pier.

We will definitely be coming back