All reviews the pub big tesco car park restaurant next door min drive peak district no air con an evening meal comfortable bed on arrival a great nights sleep family room night stay following morning saturday night visiting family plenty of parking
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

I was here as I was attending a course in the town of Glossop unfortunately when I try to get to sleep there with a very loud band on at the pub next door when I went downstairs to reception 2 hours later to ask what time the loud music would stop they could not give me an answer and said the pub was nothing to do with them so I asked if it was possible to move rooms. I was informed that this wasn't possible due to the amount of bookings that evening. Very dossapoitment as I use and my employers use premier inn on a regular basis.
There was also no ear plugs available so there was no resolution and no sleep that evening!
Did not leave me feeling refreshed for my course the next day.
Not as their moto sayes "a good night's sleep guaranteed "

Trip type: Travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn Manchester Tameside Hyde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Hi Danila.

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I can understand how frustrating it would be to be woken up by noise from the pub nextdoor and I'm sure not what you expected when you made this booking with us. It's disappointing we couldn't get you moved to a room in the quieter area of the hotel due to to having no availability.

We don't have ear plugs at our hotels I'm afraid.

If you would like our guest relations team to look in to your stay feel free to get in touch.

We hope to welcome you back for a better stay with us.

Thanks,

Josh

Reviewed August 9, 2018

Room clean as always, but no air con even after refurbishment. Fans were available but I didn't want a draught on me all night. Also, no fruit teas available in the room. We had to ask at reception and then only one flavour was available. Food in pub/bar next door but that was too noisy for us.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Hotel staff were very nice and informative on arrival. The room was larger than other premier inn’s so plenty of room for cases, the room was clean and presentable as always although no A/C in the room but a small fan was provided. McDonald’s is a few steps away from the hotel and Tesco extra just across the road if you needed any bits. Unfortunately no good points could be said for the pub next door, we chose to have dinner there because the closest good eating places were about 30 min drive away. We wished we had taken the 30min drive... the food was dreadful and the atmosphere was drab.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank harryyorkk
Reviewed August 7, 2018

The hotel is clean, staff friendly and the food in the restaurant really good value.
The hotel is situated across from a Tesco Extra and also a 24 hour MacDonald's.
Really good value. Good location. We had booked 4 rooms as a family, including a family room. I room had a slight issue with ants, but as soon as we reported it, we were allocated another room and credited back one night's stay and breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2018

Hotel staff were helpful and friendly, the room was standard for a premier inn, clean and well kept.
The hotel was let down by the restaurant, service in the evening was painfully slow, and so was the breakfast.

Date of stay: October 2017