“fun weekend stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Salford
Manchester, United Kingdom
“fun weekend stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

booked very last minute as fancied staying over after seeing a play at the Lowrie. Least said about the play the better but the hotel was very nice and excellent value - clean, comfortable, great view. Really nice stay.

The Lowrie and Imperial War Museum North are a short stroll away and manchester centre just a hop on the tram - interesting to see Media City as well.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
JessGarrett, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK, responded to this review, 15 May 2012

Reference: Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback, regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK.

It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am delighted that you did enjoy your stay.

I thank you for your communications and I do hope that your experience within the Holiday Inn brand allows you to stay with us in the near future.

Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

As I was taking my wife to the BBC studios to watch a recording of a question of sport this hotel seemed to be in the perfect location. We booked through booking.com. and rooms started at £80. We opted for an executive room on the 17th. floor (top) thinking it would have great views.... How wrong could I be the hotel was poorly sign posted and a well kept secret. When we finally got there you have to lug your bags from a multi store car-park which has no signs to the hotel. Never mind we had arrived and looking forward to our room which cost £140 a night INCLUDING BREAKFAST, a lot for a holiday inn. When we got in the room the bath was not full size but high so it made a bath hard work and a shower not much better. The room resembled a Travelodge but cost much more, never mind I pulled back to experience the view and wow, what a view, looking directly into an office block opposite or down on to the service area. We had a good nights sleep maybe because we did not stay up looking out of the window. lol. We had ordered room service and breakfast arrived on time, I did not discover the missing toast till the waiter had left and i was in the middle of breakfast.
WE checked out and the the hotel brought on the final surprise, a double charge for breakfast and a tray charge, I said our room included breakfast but accept the tray charge. I was told no hotel policy is if you breakfast in your room you have to pay again, i said you are joking, he replied "its in the small print on the breakfast card" i replied it doesent say that on your web site he said it does not matter i had to pay. When we got home my wife rang the duty manager who also wouldent budge. My wife ask to speak to the General Manager and he sais she is in meetings all day......... We said get her to ring us, he said he would. The next day he rang back saying she was in meetings all day again, sounds more like not prepared to lower herself to speak to customers, anyway the upshot was as a gesture of good will they would refund the extra £23 they charged us on top of the tray charge, but reminded me it was a gesture and we were wrong! I will never stay in a Holiday Inn again and will now go out of my way to encourange others to follow suit. It reminds me of Basil Faulty who once said "This would be a great hotel if it wasent for the guests". You decide if you think its right or even legal to charge twice for the same thing. Trading Standards where are you? My room was 1626 just to validate this review.

Room Tip: Try the Premier Inn.......
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rogerramjet365
Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Reference: Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience that you encountered at the Holiday Inn Manchester-MediaCityUK. It is our intention at all times to ensure that our guests are made to feel welcome whilst staying with us; therefore I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel.

I thank you for bringing this matter to my attention for which I will take appropriate action.

Your breakfast was refunded as you state, however I must at the same time make it clear that the refund is intended as a token of our genuine regret that you have had cause to complain.

Guest Service manager
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Lovely hotel. Hardly used facilities but room was very modern and smart and breakfast was great. The area ios still developing but there is enough around. We ate opposite Lowry centre and went to see a show. All 5 mins walk away and trams 2 mins away. We went day before a game so place was full of footie fans but not a problem, mainly families/couples. Will definetely stay here again to explore the quay and War Museum.

Cranleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

This hotel is part of the development in Media City.
It was very easy to find and had lots of restaurants and shops within a short walk.
The hotel was very helpful with any request we had and well worth visiting again.My only regret was not being able to make use of all the amenities.

Room Tip: Close to tram links for venturing further afield.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Worcester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Myself and my boyfriend opted to stay here as we were looking to visit Manchester for the weekend but not pay a stupidly high price for a hotel.

We were not disappointed by the price offered to us for a stay here. On arrival the staff were very friendly and offered us advice on good places to eat and how to get into Manchester. Our room was modern and clean and had all the facilities we needed including free WiFi. The beds were exceedingly comfortable and provided 2 good nights sleep for the both of us.

One piece of advice though; ask for 2 keys to your room as you need these not only to supply power to your room, but also to use the lifts!

There's a tram stop just a 5 minute walk round the corner from the hotel that cost us £2.80 each return straight to Picadillly Gardens. Excellent!

We will most certainly be booking another stay here!

Room Tip: Make sure you remember to get your car park ticket stamped as you then get it half price.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

Lovely stay but they got our booking wrong, i booked two twin rooms but they had one twin and one double. they sorted rooms straight away but we were split up on two different floors. should tell people about the 50quid deposit wen booking. great location, helpful staff. definately would stay again

• Stayed May 2012

Fi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Perfectly in the hi-standard of HolidayInn the hotel is very good, expecially is you have to work in the brand new area of Salford Quays (BBC, university of Slaford, etc). The area is linked to Manchester downtown through the Metrolink train. Obviously the hotel is completely new: good breakfast and Great to stay in the high floors of the tower!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank lellaFI

Guest Service Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salford
0.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays
0.8 km away
Premier Inn Manchester Salford Quays Hotel
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Hotel Football Old Trafford

Been to Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK? Share your experiences!