See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Hotel was ok.
However ordered food in small group of 8 at 7.30pm and waited 3hours without food which never came. Had to cancel it, a complete an utter disgrace.
Everyone in restaurant was the same. Disgusting service, would never entertain coming back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank leekerry83
Reviewed March 23, 2018

Last minute business trip took me to the delightful hotel. I love traditional so this was right up my alley(love a bit of floral)
The staff were friendly and very chatty, exactly what I need after spending the day alone in my car travelling for work.
It was just what I needed, cosy, clean, value for money and a comfy bed!
Will be back ...

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2018

Room was large and well equipped, even though near road no road noise at all. comfy beds , staff friendly and great choice at breakfast. Only had drinks in the bar area. Gym is well equipped and quiet.ive read some of the other reviews and wonder if they actually stayed here!

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Fck2016
Reviewed March 11, 2018

First thing you need to know, The Potters was never a purpose built hotel, its a former officers mess converted into a hotel. Room are a large but the fixtures and fittings are all very dated, though at the time of my stay some of the rooms were getting a make over. The bathroom was old and there was a lack of hot water and water pressure in the shower. Staff seemed resigned to their fate and I would imagine staff turnover is high. I imagine the hotel relies on the nearby exhibition centre for its business. Prices need to be reduced to reflect the standard of the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Lakesidesales, Director of Sales at Potters International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your stay.
Whilst we may not be the most modern hotel, we feel we competitively priced in the local market.

As you mentioned we are current working to a decoration programme, to lift the feel/appearance of the rooms.
So hopefully on your next visit you will be able to see the improvements made.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Terrible hotel extra charges at check in once they’ve already charged you for you room so no way of avoiding them the pool area was dirty the changing room was smelly and extremely dirty the staff were unhelpful and aggressive with these extra charges total over priced and not with it the beds were worn out and uncomfortable

Stay anywhere but don’t stay here

Stayed: March 2018
Lakesidesales, Director of Sales at Potters International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to feedback you thoughts, I have to say I am a little shocked by your review.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you and gain a greater understand of the issues and charges which you have mentioned.

Could I ask you to contact me on either 01252 838000 or email me on ian@pottersinthotel.com