Review Highlights

Great food! Amazing.

Reviewed August 8, 2018
Natasha R
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went to eat here at short notice. Mid-week and we were fortunate to get the last table. I say fortunate because the whole experience was great. Food was top grade and sensibly priced, nice decor too! Thoroughly recommend!

Reviewed September 29, 2018

The 'host' ignored us at the door whilst knowing we were there she spoke to her friends who had just arrived at the restaurant (someone she said she had not seen for years, as we could hear her conversation).

When she decided to pull her finger out she came over like a bull in a China shop and was so rude. All the tables were dirty with plates, glasses nobody was cleaning there was obviously not enough staff, queues everywhere and what was meant to be a quick Sumday lunch turned into over an hour of wasting my money!

I would avoid this place is not good.

1  Thank Clint M
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Really amazing food and well presented. Clean and professional surroundings. Friendly staff. I had the bean burger which was a generous portion size.

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

I've never left a review on here before but after visiting the Dog and Crook today I felt I had to! Visited with my husband, 8 year old, 6 year old, 18 month old kids and 9 week old puppy!! We stayed in the garden as it was a beautifully sunny day. The staff were attentive and very friendly from the second we walked in - and gave table service as they could see we had our hands full. We expected average and over priced pub food to be honest but the portions were large and I was impressed particularly with the size of the kids meals from the kids menu. The food was honestly amazing. The venue, staff, and quality of food all together means we will most definitely visit again soon!!

Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Popped out for dinner as we’ve been busy bees. Lived here years and never eaten there. Just lush. Proper food, good portions, not overly priced, friendly warm staff and totally not pretentious. The rib eye steak was amazing, as was the rhubarb g&t

Reviewed March 4, 2018

This pub on the outskirts of Colden Common is fabulous! You have to book ahed during busy times but the food is to die for and great value.

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

Our first visit on Friday, nice atmosphere friendly staff and excellent food which is reasonably priced. My wife had the fish from the specials menu which she says is the best meal out she has had for a long time. They have a gluten free menu and as everything is freshly cooked they can make most dishes gluten free. They have a separate frier for the gluten free options so I was able to have fish and chips which is a treat for me as I am Coeliac We will be returning soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2018

Whilst on a weekend break in nearby hotel we visited the Dog and Crook on a Sunday evening for something to eat. We all chose something different from the menu and were all very impressed by the home cooked food we received. The quality was exceptional and the portions very generous. I would definitely recommend eating in this Pub to anyone who enjoys good food in a nice atmosphere. Must mention the staff who were also very friendly.

Reviewed January 17, 2018

This establishment has changed hands many times over the 60 (yes, sixty) years since I last visited. In those days I was at College with the Landlord's son, and it was simply a village pub serving Brambridge.
Prompted to try it with friends who had pre booked a table for four adults and two dogs, we were delighted with the decision. The bar/dining are was pretty basic, just what I feel is 'right' for a village establishment. The landlady was 'in the kitchen' and the bar staff were friendly without being pushy.
There was an adequate choice of menu and dishes were sensibly priced for the more than adequate portions.
We will be back in weeks rather then years

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Went out to grab a roast , initially to Toby carvery but an hour and a half wait we decided to try somewhere else. And came across this little gem , the place was full but got a drink up the bar for 10 mins max chose what we wanted whilst we waited . All came out very quick and staff were lovely . Roasts were lovely best we've had in a long time
Would def return