“Fanastic evening at this restaurant”
Review of Nicolino's

Nicolino's
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Emsworth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Had a lovely evening here with my son. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Excellent meal with extensive menu you choose from. We shared the rather large starter classic antipasti, I had the homepage butternut squash ravioli which was gorgeous and we shared the large portioned sweet lemon meringue pie which was the best I have ever had. I can't rave enough about the food here it is excellent.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Great food superb service. Daily specials lovely. Beware most people only need a main course portion sizes are huge.

Really good food and amazingly good service.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Living in the Emsworth area for the last 18 years, I am ashamed to say that I have never thought of eating at "Nicolino's".
When my daughter booked us a table for a family meal, I was intrigued to know if it was any good.
Having visited Italy numerous times, and loving the Italian food and culture. I generally find the majority of Italian restaurants locally just have pizza and pasta on their menu. But Nicolino's, has a lot more to offer than them. I started with Mussels, then had an amazing flattened and rolled steak, with a Chorizo filling and wrapped in ham.
It was amazing, and all of us enjoyed what we had all selected. The deserts also were of a high standard, albeit a lot of them were not of an Italian origin. Mind you most Italian restaurants in Italy, tend to have a huge choice of ice cream on display. And at Nicolinos it was nice to have a bit more of a selection.
But one thing tainted the experience and for me it was not a little thing, but something that really frustrated me and would make me think twice about visiting again.
They only give you a cheap paper napkin, where any good restaurant would give you a cloth one to protect your clothes.
When eating mussels, there is a lot of white wine sauce to drip onto one's lap or clothes. And my main course had a red wine sauce, also easy to drip onto clothing.
So even with tucking the paper tissue napkin under my chin, and another on my lap, i still got my expensive shirt stained.
I can see why Nicolinos has opted for paper napkins, as it saves them the cost of washing cloth ones.
But unless I decide to wear old clothes, add the cost of a new shirt to my budget of eating out, or take my own cloth serviette with me, I won't visit again.
This is basic stuff that any good restaurant should provide, and in fact it is the only restaurant I have visited within the Chichester area, where this is not provided.
Come on guys, just that little bit more customer care would have made my visit perfect.

1  Thank morley1966
Reviewed 25 March 2017

My husband and I celebrated his birthday at Nicolinos. It was our first visit to this restaurant but it certainly won't be our last. The menu is extensive, offering options to suit even the pickiest eater! Portion sizes are huge, food is served piping hot and everything was absolutely delicious. We had quite a long wait between ordering and our starters arriving, but it was well worth the wait. I would not have been disappointed if the starters had been served as mains - the plates were fully loaded! I struggled to finish my main course (eyes too big for my belly) and took a quarter of the meat home in a doggy bag. The pannacotta we shared was to die for. All in all the meal was sublime and just over £60 for two startedps, two mains, one dessert and a bottle of very nice House red wine seems excellent value for money.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

One of the best Italian restaurants I have been too, great food, good size portions, friendly staff and good fun, great atmosphere, very popular and busy would recommend to book a table.