“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Called in for a quick lunch whilst travelling through Fareham and ordered the ½lb burger with a side order of onion rings.
The place was very clean and gave the appearance of a wholesome, value for money restaurant/cafe.
The ½lb burger turned out to be two ¼lb burgers that looked like a McDonald's Big Mac. It was tasteless and cheap meat that I could have got at McDonald's 20yards away and for a third of the price.
I've got to say I was very disappointed with the quality of my food at this restaurant/cafe and I'll definitely chose another place to eat next time I'm in this town.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times now with either my partner or family, and each time has been just as good as the last.

I always end up going for a banana milkshake, which is freshly made up, making it one of the best milkshakes you can have in the area! I am in love with their baguettes though. Always freshly cooked to order and piping hot. Oh, and their chips are lush!

Sometimes you can be waiting a while to be seated due to its popular business, but the staff are always interacting with you and are some of the most friendly staff that will ever serve you.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Popped in here after an early appointment at QA. We found the establishment to be very clean, tidy and very inviting. The staff were smiley, friendly and helpful. They worked with precision and carried out their jobs in a friendly way. Excellent service and food was amazing

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 5, 2018

I go to Stones on a regular basis when I'm in Fareham. Drinks are prepared to order in front of you; meals are brought to your table. The cafe is immaculately clean. As soon as a table is vacated, one member of staff sweeps up under and around the table while a second member of staff cleans the table top. This is something you rarely see in other establishments. I also saw on one occasion a member of staff, on his hands and knees, sweeping the large mat down the centre walkway with a dustpan and hand brush.

The staff are friendly and the food is great. The kitchen is largely open so you can see exactly how your food is being prepared.

I would highly recommend a visit to Stones.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

Use it regularly, never had a bad meal. Food always good, service is fast and friendly and premises is always clean. My one complaint is that they stopped doing the coronation chicken, which was really yummy.

Date of visit: January 2018