“Excellent breakfast”

Cuisines: Diner, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 28, 2015

I've been there twice and enjoyed an excellent breakfast both times. I had scrambled eggs, black pudding, toast + coffee. Wife had bacon, tomato, hash brown potatoes + coffee. All together £8.80 Clean and fast friendly service.

BTW it opens at 7am according to the sign by the door.

I'm not sure what Trip Advisor expects me to tick regarding type of visit. Of course every breakfast with my wife of 27 years is romantic, so I've gone for the heart...

Reviewed January 4, 2015 via mobile

Adequate egg
Decent mushrooms
Reasonable beans
Reasonable fried slice
Truly rank "bubble & squeak", which was halfway between porridge and guacamole.

At this price, it's expensive for what it is. I can find better breakfasts locally for £1:50 less

It filled a hole. I won't be back.

Reviewed January 3, 2015

OK, so from the outside it looks like a dreadful 70's greasy spoon. But get past that and step inside.

Breakfast was huge, thick bacon, proper fried mushrooms, the best bubble and squeak ever and fried egg with a gooey runny yolk. Alright the sausage is the bargain basement variety, but that's as expected.

So, what's not to like?

For me the downside is the seating as you can't pull the chairs into the table as they're fixed in place but it does allow space for the larger frame, you know who you are.

During the week I imagine this place is a hit with local workmen looking for a hearty breakfast or lunch.

Prices are reasonable for the size of portion, my breakfast was just over £5 and came with a cup of coffee or tea.

All in all enjoyable and definitely somewhere we'll go back to.

Reviewed December 19, 2014

I often visit with work collages to set us up for a hard day's work, there's good honest food well cooked and very clean environment.i would recomend to anyone.

Reviewed December 15, 2014 via mobile

Needed to stop, after dropping off two colleagues, to have breakfast and this hit the spot.
Good breakfast nice coffee at reasonable prices.