All reviews large corporate hotels family run hotel comfortable bed one night fantastic hotel trouser press four poster bed on arrival would highly recommend this hotel great room good size breakfast was excellent wedding basingstoke onsite wake ensuite
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

As other people have reported I confirm that the building is very old and nice.
Possibly as a consequence, my Executive double bed room was with a double bed but not bigger than 8 square meters (not even sure) which I is not what can be called Executive.
Due to the age of the building, isolation from outdoor noise is not really achieved, even on the quiet side of the building (opposite to the car park and the noisy road).
Also, the breakfast was really limited on top of a typical English breakfast.
So, value for money cannot be my conclusion for this one night stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have just spent the night at Hook hotel. We brought along our 15 month old Beagle Ernie, as this is a dog friendly hotel. We were welcomed by the owners at the door, which was a really personal touch. The hotel is beautiful, tastefully decorated, and the gardens are serene. The staff were extremely friendly, attentive, helpful and accommodating.
This hotel has a very personal touch. Beautiful settings for a wedding or celebration.
The room was spacious, comfortable and very clean.
I would highly recommend this hotel. 5*

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Kathryn H, Manager at Hook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

Thank you for your lovely review of Hook House, we thoroughly enjoyed having you to stay and loved meeting Ernie the Beagle. We do hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

I was on business for a couple of days a long way from home. The Hook House Hotel was welcoming and has a touch of period class. The room was comfortable and breakfast very tasty and fresh. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend treated us to an overnight stay as we were supposed to be playing Basingstoke at football. What a lovely place to stay. I certainly agree with the other comments. The owners and staff were really welcoming and friendly. We had a great room with a four poster bed with a great view. It was nicely decorated, clean, warm and light. A very nice bathroom. Everything you wanted. Breakfast was lovely and again excellent staff. Oh and a nice bar and lounge to have a night time drink before bed. I certainly would recommend Hook House and would book again if in the area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

My stay started off with very warm welcome including a personalised letter with all the key information about the hotel which is a nice touch. Rooms are a good size, hairdryer etc included and little bars of chocolate beside the bed on arrival which I really appreciated as well as a selection of teas, coffee and biscuits. Beds are comfortable!

Menu is varied, food is all freshly prepared, generous portion sizes and is very tasty. Dining room is very pleasant with views of the grounds and there is also outdoor seating/patio area which would be very nice in the summer. The bar area with arm chairs beside the fire is charming and a great place to relax and chat.

Staff are so friendly and helpful, there is a real personal touch about this place, nothing is too much trouble and the owners strive to ensure that your stay is enjoyable. This hotel will always be top of my list when I travel to the Hook area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business