“Enjoyable evening”
Review of The Kitchen

The Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 57 Restaurants in New Milton
Price range: US$13 - US$66
Description: The Kitchen provides an informal dining experience with an open plan layout offering you the chance to watch the Chefs at work. The a la carte menu features wood-fired pizzas, gourmet burgers, superfood salads and much more.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This has been our fifth visit to the Kitchen & we have always had a great experience
Our friends have just moved into this area so we booked a table after going on about the restaurant to them
Great evening fantastic food nice friendly engaging service from the manager & serving staff & highly recommend it to anyone
BUT - Time for a menu overhaul food is fantastic but as its limited menu after a few visits its a bit repetitive
You need to review a policy that you can still have another glass of wine/beer at 11:00 & no we didnt want to go to main hotel bar
Please dont take this as a complaint or a negative but more as an observation
Nothing worse than being in a restaurant when all staff are cleaning & shutting down whilst you are still finishing wine / coffee or sweet even though most of the other diners had departed

If you havent been & you can get a table definitely try it out its a great experience in a lovely venue with nice staff & great food

Dear Mark P,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Kitchen.
I was delighted to hear that you and your guests enjoyed your visit to us, thank you for spreading the word! Sadly we are limited to the 23:00 last orders by the premises licence, and therefore the policy cannot be changed, as you've mentioned the bar in the hotel is open past this time, and is the perfect place for an after dinner drink. I agree that any cleaning should be done discretely by the team and we will reiterate the importance of this so that this does not affect anyone's experience. I do hope it’s not too long before we can welcome you back to The Kitchen.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Everything here is perfectly done (though i was not convinces that Wagyu beef burgers were any better than normal beef burgers) and the service is excellent. The one downside is that if you do not want a burger or pizza or some of their interesting tapas-like starters, the menu is a bit restricted.

Dear Matthew S,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Kitchen following your recent meal with us.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed both the food and the service so much when you came, and for your constructive comments regarding our offering, we will be reviewing the menu shortly, going into Spring and Summer and I'm sure the new and exciting dishes will give you plenty of choice. I do hope that I can welcome you back to The Kitchen in the not too distant future.
Best Wishes

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Nice pace to come for an informal meal. The menu is Brasserie style, it with quite expensive burger choices. There are alternatives of steak and fish. The best part of the meal were the starters and light dishes.
The restaurant was full of families with young children who were staying at the Chewton Glenn. Therefore the atmosphere reminded me of early supper at a holiday hotel abroad. The families were in the restaurant until we left gone 10.00 and somehow it took away from the ambience with children on iPads etc.
Staff were friendly, but somehow not quite together. We weren’t asked opif we wanted a coffee and decided not to wait any longer for someone to come over, so went home.

Dear Christine029,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Kitchen.
I was thrilled that you enjoyed the food that you had at the kitchen, it’s true that the tapas starters seem to be everyone’s favourite. In the holidays it is much more of a family affair at The Kitchen, and overall this is what we are aiming for. I’m sorry to hear that you weren’t asked for any hot drinks at the end of your meal, this is something the team are trained to do, but I will share your feedback with the team to make sure this lapse doesn't happen again.
I hope that I can welcome you back to the kitchen in the not too distant future.
Best Wishes

Reviewed March 29, 2018

The Kitchen is a family friendly restaurant inside Chewton Glen Hotel serving simple dishes in a casual atmosphere. Probably the best dish on the menu is their thin crust pizzas are as good as any gourmet pizza places. Other items on the menu are okay and its clear this is where families with small children come for an early dinner. For a fancier meal, the Dining Room is the better option.

Alex v, Manager at The Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2018

Dear Muri F,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Kitchen after you recent visit.
I was happy to see you enjoyed the pizza’s so much and you enjoyed your time with us, the team were very pleased to hear this. The Kitchen is our more family friendly restaurant, however later in the evenings this does become more of an adult environment and is perfect for a relaxed evening with informal service and good food.
I hope to welcome you back personally in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

I recently visited here for a birthday lunch with my partner and friends, and this place did not disappoint. The food was lovely and reasonably priced and the service was also very good.
Only little negative was that we were not told that the starters were going to come out at different times, so some friends were waiting for other starters to come out before we were told this.

Dear Natalie1988x,
Thank you for taking the time to review The Kitchen after your recent visit.
I am sorry to hear that the menu wasn’t explained to you when you arrived at the restaurant, I have shared your feedback with the team. That being said I was thrilled to read your comments regarding the food and service and am glad that this made for a special birthday experience.
I hope to welcome you back personally in the not too distant future.